Gibson Brands Forums

Which Bigsby.....

kccheers

I would get a Vibramate for it so you don't have to drill hoes, that way if you don't like it, it comes off with no evidence of modification. And, if you do like it, you can pass the VIbramate on to someone else and get most, if not all of your money back. I believe they fit both the B5 and the B-50.

P.S. I put a B-70 on an SG, so the -7 series is possibly an option, though not really a correct one. I liked it, though!!

Nie guitar, by the way!!

I would get a Vibramate for it so you don't have to drill hoes, that way if you don't like it, it comes off with no evidence of modification. And, if you do like it, you can pass the VIbramate on to someone else and get most, if not all of your money back. I believe they fit both the B5 and the B-50.

P.S. I put a B-70 on an SG, so the -7 series is possibly an option, though not really a correct one. I liked it, though!!

Nie guitar, by the way!!

I put a B5 on my Epi LP Special SC with the Vibramate. It works great.

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj586/Xtone1/LPSpecialSC.jpg

May I distract you from your choice? As much as I like the looks of a Bigsby, I don't like hole drilling (though you can get a Vibramate), string change difficulties and tuning stability issues (I must admit I do not have a Bigsby-equipped guitar myself, so I'm only telling from what I read on the web).

The mod I am planning for my guitar at some point is installing a Stetsbar Pro II tremolo system instead. It's a pretty straightforward installation, and from all the reviews the tuning stability and features are top-notch. OK, I admit it's not as sweet-looking as the Bigsby, but its offerings outweigh that.

Bigsby's are easy to setup for stable tuning Alex, a TusqXL nut and a roller bridge, no hassles.

I believe you're right, but that's some additional costs as well (the roller bridge; the Tusq nut is still a desirable mod with all tremolo systems). For those on a tight budget the Stetsbar might work better (and I really love the amount of travel it allows :rolleyes: )

• 5 weeks later...

Archived