Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson At Namm 2012

Gary Moore Tribute

That Gibson Moderne looks like someone had a bad accident with a flying V and an electric saw :P

Wheres the 2012 Standard?? Looking forward to see what they do this time... I also like the finish on the new LP Traditionals (the red one, hmmmmmmmmmmm trans cherry read hmmmmmmmmmm)

Joe B at NAMM 2012.. talks about his relationship with Gibson and new tiger striped models coming this year... tasty :)

If they make this affordable at £1-1.5k I'll probably get this as I like the Bonamassa Les Pauls, the VOS Fireburst is also one I have my eyes on...

BonamassaVOS_44_m.jpg

I just love these types of tops...

Hello! What's that yellow Studio-like LP, the second next right to B-Bender Tele-LP hybrid. (Second video at 5:06). Nice one! Cheers... Bence

As GMT posted above, it seems to be a satin finish LP Studio.. For me though its a shame they have put the 50s neck on them or id have been all over that :)

Out of Curiousity I did some research on the "Moderne"

DSCF2982.jpg

The ONLY 50's model is owned by "Billy Gibbons" of ZZ top and he appently got it off a Painter/Decorator in New York.

This model is know as the Loc Ness of Guitars, even Gibson couldn't verify that this was theirs! However it did have 50's parts fitted.

The Model has a "Triangle Fish" Headstock

gibson-moderne-460-100-460-70.jpg

Also the model has had 1 prior release in 1982-83, However these models feature either the triangle Fish or spit V options (Their is a Flying V Arrow version in the spec prints but no pics of an actual one)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived