Gibson Brands Forums

Does the forum have a tech section

Harmonics101

What I really like about the UMGF is their tech section on their forum where people can address questions with regards to action, string choices and other problems that acoustic OR electric guitars may exhibit from time to time.

I really like the categorization of the subforums on this Gibson forum but don't see a tech subforum ?

Am I just not looking hard enough ?

Where would tech questions be most appropriate to ask ?

Seems that advanced tech question responses are quite lacking.

I'll admit, I am quite a newbie when it comes to tech, and i actually don't do much tech (i.e. adjust truss rods, swap out nut and saddle etc etc)

However, I like hearing the thoughts of expert folk on this.

Seems when a tech question comes up (don't mean to pick on anyone in particular :) ) there are really no good answers given on some topics that are initiated.

Course, up to know when tech questions DO come up, more often than not, all information and specifics are rarely given and wander off in generalizations about lack of QC etc. blah blah blah.

These sort of threads do really get my goat as some of you readers may be aware :)

Anyway, if anyone can point me to the direction of good tech advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your patience in this long winded post.

Now get back to your picking and playing ladies and gents B)

Harmonics101

What I really like about the UMGF is their tech section on their forum where people can address questions with regards to action, string choices and other problems that acoustic OR electric guitars may exhibit from time to time.

I really like the categorization of the subforums on this Gibson forum but don't see a tech subforum ?

Am I just not looking hard enough ?

Where would tech questions be most appropriate to ask ?

I'll admit, I am quite a newbie when it comes to tech,

Course, up to know when tech questions DO come up, more often than not, all information and specifics are rarely given and wander off in generalizations about lack of QC etc. blah blah blah.

These sort of threads do really get my goat as some of you readers may be aware :)

Anyway, if anyone can point me to the direction of good tech advice would be appreciated.

Harmonics101

At the top of the "Epiphone Lounge" is the "DIY" section.........Unlike some sub-forums, the Epi Lounge stays on track.............

Ya'll remove your hats, please...................

Thank you Sir for that information :D

Harmonics101

Okay guys, i'm lookin' at that subforum and it looks like a whole lotta mumbo jumbo.

Hard to follow since each issue isn't encapsulated in a single thread.

This Gibson forum really could benefit from an actual sub forum where individual issues could be posted.

That's just my humble opinion cuz i haven't had ANY issues with ANY Gibson guitars that i have procured B)

All you other guys must really be having a streak of bad luck, or yer Irish [flapper]

Archived