Gibson Brands Forums

Saying Goodbye To Great Guitar

cookieman15061

Well this week I sold my Rickenbacker Jetglo 330/ 6 on ebay. She was gone in less than a day and I got what I listed it for.

I gave her up because I learned a member of my family had a huge financial need and wanted to help. At some point when all is said and done I'll explain all the details that necessitated the sale.

I've loved Rics since I was a little kid and the Beatles and Birds played 'em. All is not lost though I still got my Fireglo 360/ 12.

Ric330007.jpg

That was a very HONORABLE thing you did cookieman15061. I wouldn't consider this day a sad day, but a day of feeling proud and honorable for helping out a family member in need. Family is much more important than these pile of wood, they can be replaced. Not a family member. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Good for you, Cookie.

I, of course, echo the sentiments of the previous posts.

In addition I'd also say that it shows you understand how to view 'Family' and 'Guitar' from the correct perspective.

P.

Dude:

This economy these times, is such that at any given moment, ANYONE can get into trouble. And a lot of the things that can hit a person can come by surprise, and some of the things that can hit a person does not discriminate or have any fairness to it. It hits the hard working, the smart, the generous and the honest the same as the cheats, and the lazy.

Sometimes, it is just the difference of a few bucks that can bring a good person down for a lot more.

The only way any of us are going to get through this is to stick together. And sometimes, that means it requires that someone step up to do something good for another to counter the bad that would happen.

I'm glad to see you are one of the good guys. Not that I didn't think that before.

My thoughts exactly gentleman. I've been blessed to own some wonderful guitars but the chance to do something more and pass that blessing on to another is the ultimate.

Like I said when this is all over I'll have a great story to share.

Good for you! Keep the faith!

J/w

Well this week I sold my Rickenbacker Jetglo 330/ 6 on ebay. She was gone in less than a day and I got what I listed it for.

I gave her up because I learned a member of my family had a huge financial need and wanted to help. At some point when all is said and done I'll explain all the details that necessitated the sale.

I've loved Rics since I was a little kid and the Beatles and Birds played 'em. All is not lost though I still got my Fireglo 360/ 12.

Ric330007.jpg

You are clearly a true gentleman. I hope the money makes the difference to the family members' situation. And whatever else happens you have some seriously good karma coming back at ya...

You know what is "truly important" and God bless you for acting on it. But if it could have only been something other than a RIC!!! Still have my Fireglo 330 but parted with the 330JG. Yours looked like a beauty and that speaks even more of your "service to others" when you have bounty yourself. Proud of you man!! Hope all goes well for the ones you're helping and hope they really appreciate you sacrifice. I don't need any trophies when I do someone a favor, but dang it all, it does help me feel even better when I get a deep & sincere "THANK YOU" if you know what I mean. Guess we shouldn't count on that even these days from folks helped. [sad]

Aster

Archived