Gibson Brands Forums

Some of you guys have Pug dogs, right????

onewilyfool

Lol this is really funny. I have a little wiener dog I have to get on to for that.

My wiener dogs wouldn't just lick the plate clean: they would eat the plate as well. And then throw it all up on the floor. And eat it all again.

My guess would be that the dog taught itself how to do that trick, Retro!

Another little dog story:

My Gold Lab nearly killed me when I first got him years ago - he turned from a labrador into a pit bull when I took him on a lead hooked to my bike. He HAS to sniff every other dogs whatnot or he gets wild and crazy! Anyway a dog ran along this river - beach track I rode along with him and boom - we were off like a rocket and then bang crash - I got tangled and went over the embankment still trying not to let my mad dog go. I got up, shook myself, and started to make my way back up the hill and fell in a hole. So, we realized that I am not Cesar Milan the dog whisperer after all, and the previous dog must have been easy to train! We called in the big gun Shepherd trainer and the beast did everything he said. That was the last time....

Anyway, we walk him along a beach near me and he stalks forward like a bull mastiff on the hunt, and walking him is little bit like water skiing. So we were doing this act the other day with him dragging forward towards a dog in the distance (which drives him crazy) and this little French Bulldog??? like the one in the pic above came zooming in for my dog's whatnot, took a good sniff, ran back to it's master and my muttly didn't even know he had been tagged!

I live in an episode of 'Marly and Me'. We get home and he turns back into his usual angelic labrador self....

BluesKing777.

My guess would be that the dog taught itself how to do that trick, Retro!

Another little dog story

I live in an episode of 'Marly and Me'. We get home and he turns back into his usual angelic labrador self....

BluesKing777.

I have made a little video of the Beast let loose at a 'dog beach' a few years ago - I may have fattened him up since then to slow hime down a bit.

I play a version of Rufus Thomas' "Walking the Dog" of course... on my 1964 Gibson B25-12N.

Here is a link - hope it works and I hope you enjoy it. It was a real lot of work getting the format from old tape video to digital to computer to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rf9ytV7kU

BluesKing777.

I have made a little video of the Beast let loose at a 'dog beach' a few years ago - I may have fattened him up since then to slow hime down a bit.

I play a version of Rufus Thomas' "Walking the Dog" of course... on my 1964 Gibson B25-12N.

Here is a link - hope it works and I hope you enjoy it. It was a real lot of work getting the format from old tape video to digital to computer to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rf9ytV7kU

BluesKing777.

your dog's insane man

your 'sunday mornin blues' is great great pickin, is that someone else's tune or a bluesking one?

and what is come on in my kitchen being played on ??

really good stuff goin on my friend

your dog's insane man

your 'sunday mornin blues' is great great pickin, is that someone else's tune or a bluesking one?

really good stuff goin on my friend

Thanks BBG

your dog's insane man

Seeing is believing - I show the longer version of that video when someone says: 'Labs are quiet dogs that sleep all day, aren't they?'

It is pretty generic blues picking, but I should say it is mine!

Played on my 1958 Gibson LG-0.

BluesKing777.

I laughed out loud when I saw the Super Bowl ad where the Frenchy, (same breed as is licking the plates in the dishwasher), races against the greyhounds....and blows them all away.... then stops short of the finish line, and moonwalks over the line!

Archived