Gibson Brands Forums

My new guitar

Hello forum, I was told today that my new Gibson SG sounds like__ and if it's really true.

If I did send it back to musician's friend because It sounds bad and get another one just like it would the new one sound any better?

Seriously it kinda made me mad

Btw I personally think my guitar sounds really great.

What would ya'll guys do in the situation?

Can you go to a local music store and compare it with another SG? A video would be helpful too. If you're happy with the sound of it, then that's what matters

Play my SG and not give a damn what they think. I'm going to venture a guess that this person plays EMGs through a dual rectumfier?

Hello forum, I was told today that my new Gibson SG sounds like__ and if it's really true.

If I did send it back to musician's friend because It sounds bad and get another one just like it would the new one sound any better?

I think you answered it already, you think it sounds great... isn't that all that matters? If I were to return a guitar I bought every time somebody else in this world didn't like it, I wouldn't have a guitar to my name.

Well it is remotely possible that it needs a setup done but more than likely however the person that said it sounded like crap.....is full of crap...you know what..really all that matters is that you like it

Always trust your ears!

I think you answered it already, you think it sounds great... isn't that all that matters? If I were to return a guitar I bought every time somebody else in this world didn't like it, I wouldn't have a guitar to my name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the older you get you'll see every body has an OPINION ! [cursing] right or wrong good or bad the one you really want to listen to is YOURS that'll make you the happiest or not, \:D/ but at least you'll be the one who decided.

what makes the one who said it sounds bad the expert ?? :-k

"Different strokes, for different folks!" Who cares, what "other's" think...if YOU like/love it,

that's all that matters! Now, if there really IS something "wrong" with it, a bad pickup, or

pot(s), or a "short," etc....then, send it back...or, take it to your dealer, or an authorized

Gibson Service tech, and have it fixed, on their dime (warranty).

Another thought...what were you playing, before...that "they" didn't

think sounded like S...?! It may be an adjustment to the new tone,

of an SG, as opposed to what they have been used to? SG's are different,

in tone, and some folks either love it, or hate it. The amp, and some

adjusting, might help, as well. ??? :rolleyes:

CB

Who told you it sounds like crap? Maybe they're just jealous. If you like the way it sounds then tell "them" to shut up.

You may have just hit the nail on the head. Ive had people tell me I sound like crap but then when I uploaded a bonamassa solo cover onto the forum i got nothing but praise. Just have fun and dont worry about anything else

My SG sounds killer but the electronics ( pups included ) have something to be desired. New switch, new pots, new caps, new hardware, Bareknuckle pickups IMMEDIATELY! But I am sure some guitar players would make it sound 100000000 times better than yours truly tries to.

Archived