Gibson Brands Forums

Amazing what fresh paint does for a Les Paul

This_Dying_Soul

Only two comments.

1. That's kind of disturbing and you probably should seek some kind of medical help after painting a wall just to make a guitar stand out! :unsure:

2. I Totally agree it really adds some depth and brings out the grain inherihent to the simple beauty of the wood. [thumbup]

actually the wall was being painted regardless. But my colour choices were taking the guitars on the wall into consideration. When I'm not actually playing my guitars they become decorative pieces. I was originally concerned that my black Gretsch would not stand out against this color until I realized the body binding would give it an outline. I was hoping for something that was a bit lighter so ALL my guitars stood out against that wall as it's the only wall in the room not visible from the street. :rolleyes:

The original colour of that wall was a beige colour and the Les Paul used to disappear. <_< Were it not for the flame pattern on the top,chrome hardware, and ebony fretboard you would have never known there was a guitar up there. [blink]

Oh, and the color on the wall is not as dark as the paint swatch lead me to believe - the gretsch still looks very nice with that colour as a back-drop. [biggrin]

Nice . . . .

GOTM May 2008 - got one. Love it. . B)

I just wish I the P94 didn't hum so much. Every outlet in my house is either improperly grounded so it hums like crazy or there is other electronics nearby that give off electromagnetic interferance and the P94's amplify it. [angry]

Archived