Gibson Brands Forums

Coffee house gigs

brannon67

Mostly my own tunes and a few covers in a little ma/pop lakeside restaurant about once per month. Great little venue owned/operated by some good friends who, fortunately, don't know what really good music is... :rolleyes: Lot's of fun for an ole retiree who doesn't embarrass too easily... [cool]

100_1656.jpg

dadsgig066.jpg

Mostly my own tunes and a few covers in a little ma/pop lakeside restaurant about once per month. Great little venue owned/operated by some good friends who, fortunately, don't know what really good music is... :rolleyes: Lot's of fun for an ole retiree who doesn't embarrass too easily... [cool]

dadsgig066.jpg

Nice Guild 12!!!!!!

While I will still occasionally sit in, not so much these days. But back in the 1970s I spent alot of time playing in them. A singer/harp player and myself were the "house band" in one. The pay sucked but the free food was a bonus and it was right down the road from where I lived. Not so sure I played there because I really liked the place as much as it was convenient and it was owned by a friend who asked me to put together something as a favor.

I do two coffeehouses three times a month. Ready to start some libraries in March. Been playing some restaurants too. Looking forward to the warm weather months for outdoor festivals. For me, coffeehouses are pretty sweet.

Scratch, that looks like a cool gig. Have a blast! [thumbup]

What's in that coffee?

We don't have 'coffeeshops' here in Melbourne, Australia way (that I know of). Perhaps in some hipper areas, but they have a lot of 'cafes' here with alcohol licenses, with occasional entertainers, but most I have seen include a stereo going doof, doof, doof, groovy baby, doof.

It sounds like a good gig for an acoustic guitarist. Good luck people and enjoy!

Hey Scratch, I think your Guild 12 may actually be a bigger than you!

Well, all you guitarists with repeat gigs at these coffeehouses and places must be going ok or you would be shown the door and not asked back 2-3 times a week!

BluesKing777.

Yeah, as a fellow Aussie have to admit 'coffee shop' gigs is something unusual. Pub gig, even small ones, intimate, for sure, but coffee, not really, not hip enough, at least for uber cool, black cardigan wearing Melbourneans, right BluesKing .. ? ;-)

What's in that coffee?

We don't have 'coffeeshops' here in Melbourne, Australia way (that I know of). Perhaps in some hipper areas, but they have a lot of 'cafes' here with alcohol licenses, with occasional entertainers, but most I have seen include a stereo going doof, doof, doof, groovy baby, doof.

It sounds like a good gig for an acoustic guitarist. Good luck people and enjoy!

Hey Scratch, I think your Guild 12 may actually be a bigger than you!

Well, all you guitarists with repeat gigs at these coffeehouses and places must be going ok or you would be shown the door and not asked back 2-3 times a week!

BluesKing777.

Yeah, as a fellow Aussie have to admit 'coffee shop' gigs is something unusual. Pub gig, even small ones, intimate, for sure, but coffee, not really, not hip enough, at least for uber cool, black cardigan wearing Melbourneans, right BluesKing .. ? ;-)

Well I live down the coast a fair way from Melbourne, and I don't actually come from here and even though I may have lived here almost 35 years, I still am regarded as a new boy!

And I don't think any one in Melbourne, and possibly the whole of Australia, would be able to sit through BluesKing777 playing guitar without being loaded! What a unique concept.

BluesKing777.

i love the coffee house circuit. good way to meet people sell some CDs. Church gatherings too. I mean a gig's a gig.

I also take the hit and if there's gonna be TV or print media there, I'm willing to play for free.

I landed a sweet gig last summer performing music for some Davis Cup folks, to the very sweet tune of 'a comma in my paycheck' so you never know where the road will take you.

play everywhere.

Archived