Gibson Brands Forums

Ford wins Daytona!!

grampa

Good to see Ford getting win something for once. Wish the new Dodge dart had a V8, but for a inline 4 it looks like it can get pretty fast. Great looking to. Dont ask why i bought dodge into a ford topic. [lol]

It's not so much a Ford topic, it's American auto topic. The US auto industry is coming back and a win at Daytona can only be a boost.

I owned a 1974 Alfa GTV 2000 for twenty years, the best handling car I ever owned. Paid $2300.00 in 1981 and sold it for $16,000.00 twenty years later (it had 24K orig. miles)

Even though they stoped selling the 159 id gadly take Mtio or Giulietta. Both look amazing, not bad for 0-60 to.

Even though they stoped selling the 159 id gadly take Mtio or Giulietta. Both look amazing, not bad for 0-60 to.

Great cars, just make sure the warm up before driving. Mine would cruise at 120mph, my wife would always be telling me I was speeding. One time she said that, I pulled over and had her drive, she couldn't keep it at 65mph, unless it was in 4th gear.

That's great! But there is a Ford bias in some parts of this country. When I lived in Texas I had multiple people tell me "I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy." I had a Camaro at the time.

In Kansas it's the complete opposite, I don't quite get the rivalry.

Good to see Ford getting win something for once. Wish the new Dodge dart had a V8, but for a inline 4 it looks like it can get pretty fast. Great looking to. Dont ask why i bought dodge into a ford topic. [lol]

'cause it's not a Dodge. It's a Fiat with a Dodge badge.

Fix

It

Again

Tony

[flapper]

I've bought a new Ford 4 mos. ago. Had driven Dodge Rams for 10+ years and wanted something different. Couldn't decide until my son suggested I check out the Taurus SHO. I wasn't expecting much, but WOW! It's a sleeper - looks like a boring 4 door... well, Ford. Not at all imposing like a Camaro or Challenger.

But, Super High Output it is - dual turbos, 365hp, AWD and paddles. Plus, lots of ammenities like heated/cooled seats with massagers. So, although I was really a Chevy first and Dodge second kind of guy, I think I may have permanently for the time being changed baseball cap logos! Plus, Ford didn't take a 'stimulus' handout.

Archived