Gibson Brands Forums

l.p. custom

Silly question, but are all les Paul customs made in the custom shop? My new custom is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I'm afraid after reading a lot of stuff on the web that I might feel let down, in as much as they have been described as a standard with a custom shop sticker applied ......

A "Les Paul Custom" is a model, with extra trim and such, and is the top model in the line.

A "custom shop" Gibson is a Gibson made at the custom shop, and could be any model, including a "Standard" model. If it is made at the custom shop, they are with a lot more effort and a higher level of workmanship and detail.

Who ever told you that is making a derogatory statement. A statement putting down anything without a reason behind it really doesn't mean anything.

I'm just a guy on the web. Believe the guitar when it gets to you.

Thanks Stein....I understand that the internet is full of unreliable info but it can also sow the seed of doubt when you are not 100% sure on the subject of research, thanks for your input, I am back to being super excited!

Customs became Custom Shop guitars in 2004 with CS serial numbers and certificates but they really are Gibson USA guitars with Custom Shop badges. They are no different than the Gibson USA Customs made prior to becoming Custom Shop guitars with 8 digit serial numbers.

Reissues - '54, '57, '68 - are entirely different.

Customs became Custom Shop guitars in 2004 with CS serial numbers and certificates but they really are Gibson USA guitars with Custom Shop badges. They are no different than the Gibson USA Customs made prior to becoming Custom Shop guitars with 8 digit serial numbers.

Reissues - '54, '57, '68 - are entirely different.

I'm confused! I thought all Customs were made in the Custom shop (with the exception of the Classic Custom), not specially badged Gibson USA guitars.....

Archived