Gibson Brands Forums

Global Warming?

TommyK

It's January and is supposed to get into the 50's here in Northern Illinois. IN WINTER!

Whoever said Global Warming is a bad thing, doesn't live in Northern Illinois. [thumbup]

I think I'll go lay out and get a tan this afternoon. [woot]

It's January and is supposed to get into the 50's here in Northern Illinois. IN WINTER!

Whoever said Global Warming is a bad thing, doesn't live in Northern Illinois. [thumbup]

I think I'll go lay out and get a tan this afternoon. [woot]

[thumbdn]

You're no fun. :( I am with Garrison Keillor. Great Lakes type winters build character.

Yeah, we've had a pretty "mild" Winter (so far) here, in Southern Kansas, too. (66 degrees, right now)

But..."February," is the real test! If it stays mild, through that month, we're

"home free," for the most part. Although...March can be "weird" weather wise,

as well. "Don't like the weather in Kansas, wait a minute, it'll change!" [biggrin]

CB

I will post this and then never visit this thread again because I get too worked up...

I believe global warming is real.

I believe there is a high probability that it is man-made due to CO2 emissions.

I believe that those who deny the above would have good company in The Flat Earth Society.

Here in Cleveland, it is supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow. Not right. If this were an isolated event, it would be...an isolated event; taken into the context of bizarre weather overall and the preponderance of scientific data, it's significantly more sinister...

I know it sounds wacky but I tend to believe the temperature of the Earth is dictated by the Sun.

article-2093264-1180A549000005DC-715_468x290.jpg

But maybe it's just me. Winter ain't over just yet y'all but if it don't get cold soon I'll have to mow the lawn... [thumbdn]

I know it sounds wacky but I tend to believe the temperature of the Earth is dictated by the Sun.

article-2093264-1180A549000005DC-715_468x290.jpg

But maybe it's just me. Winter ain't over just yet y'all but if it don't get cold soon I'll have to mow the lawn... [thumbdn]

Now, that's scientific evidence. Bravo

Now, that's scientific evidence. Bravo

Global warming is real....global cooling is real.... does man contribute? Who knows...there is no scientific proof that anything man does or doesn't do will cause the earth to change temps one degree.

We DO know, scientifically, that the sun's activity GREATLY contributes to the temps on earth.... which is why there was an "ice age" and whatever you call the not ice age.

I can guarantee you that there will be another ice age and another warming period...whether man is still around is irrelevant to the earth & sun.

( I suspect that'll tee-off some people... )

Archived