Gibson Brands Forums

Insanity, may have overtaken me???

charlie brown

Charlie .... What a decision you have to make!

I guess I'm happy that you decide to play the 60's Tribute w/P-90's ... That is my only Les Paul and it is a great guitar [thumbup]

I ONLY have to choose between my 2 electrics, the cherry Epi Dot and the honeyburst Les Paul !!!

I got it made in the decision department :lol:

If I may be nosey charlie brown, what do you do for a living. You must make pretty good money to afford all those guitars. If I'm correct, the cheapest 1 is the tribute lp. Not knocking you. I would do it if I could.

I worked in the Entertainment/Movie industry...as a contract photographer, in LA.

"Retired" (AKA Put out, to pasture) back to my little hometown, in Kansas, now...

Bought most of those guitars, (except the Tribute, and LP Classic Custom) while I was still

working steadily. Most of them, were bought over a 40 year period, and back when prices were a lot

more reasonable/affordable, than they are now. They weren't purchased as "investments," at all! But,

they have increased in monetary value, just from inflation. [tongue][biggrin]

But, there are a lot of folks here, who have a lot more "amazing," and diverse collections, than I'll ever

have, of the very "high dollar, historic" models, too. Still, I'm blessed, and I enjoy my guitars!

Even when I'm NOT being so neurotic, about them. LOL [biggrin]

CB

Sell a few and buy a historic. Since you're a P-90s guy, get a good R4 or R6. Seriously!!

Do you have any more Teles or "just" two? They are great guitars, no doubt. I love mine. Play it all the time.

Yeah...I think about that, every time I see one, and play it. I feel like I've already cleared out,

the "dead wood," and don't really want to sell, any other's. At least, not right now. In the future?

Who knows?! But, that's certainly a good option, getting a "historic" model. [thumbup]

As to Telecasters, only 2, right now. [biggrin]

CB

Yeah...I think about that, every time I see one, and play it. I feel like I've already cleared out,

the "dead wood," and don't really want to sell, any other's. At least, not right now. In the future?

Who knows?! But, that's certainly a good option, getting a "historic" model. [thumbup]

As to Telecasters, only 2, right now. [biggrin]

CB

I wouldn't worry about CB, [unsure] I go thru the same phases. {must be the moon} Right now I got my Classic Custom and 08 Standard out. A couple of weeks ago, it was the Classic and my Broadway. Before I bought the Classic in Dec., it was the 08 Standard and my Gretsch, and if memory serves me, before that it was my Epi Dot and Fender Strat. With me, I'll grab one because I heard a certain song on the radio, or I'm in a certain mood. :-k And like you said earlier, they're all paid for and don't eat a thing. Also, like you, none of mine were bought for investments. But all of mine look brand new,{all of yours look showroom [love] } cause each one was a lot of money at the time I bought it, and they're a big investment to me! so I take care of everyone of them. Although, I've got a Fender P-Bass I bought new in '72 that might be worth about two to three times what I paid for it. [biggrin] Everything is original, case, ashtrays, strings, paperwork, and finish. And I gigged with it on average three nights a week for three and a half yrs. I think you've got a fantastic collection, [thumbup] and when one of them calls you {and you know they do [biggrin]} that's the one you'll play for awhile. I can tell by what you've written, that everyone of them means something to you, kinda like a lover, you've held them, caressed them, and made music with them. And once you've made music with them, there's a bond that goes to the soul. Wow, didn't mean to ramble on or get all artsy. Keep 'em all and go after some more. [thumbup] TC

ps: yes, I know, I post pics of all mine as soon as I can.

Well here they are. not as big of a collection as some others,but I love them all. [biggrin] TC 2012_0201guitars0003-1.jpg

08 Standard, Epi Standard plus top, Classic custom.2012_0201guitars0017-1.jpg

Epi Dot, Epi Broadway, Gretsch G5120.

2012_0201guitars0015-1.jpg

Fender Strat Sienna Sunburst.

2012_0201guitars0030.jpg

Martin D-1 6 string, Martin D-121 12 string.

sorry, I couldn't the 2 basses to come out and play [crying]

2012_0201guitars0008-1.jpg

Top of the Epi.

2012_0201guitars0007-1.jpg

Top of the 08 Standard.

My "kids" [biggrin] TC

CB - I know exactly what you mean with the Tele. I bought my first Tele last

year and haven't put it down since I got it. I've played my LP a few times

to get that '57 crunch, which I adore. But the tele is the one that keeps

calling to me.

I'm not sure if it's an age thing that my ears are gravitating to a single

coil now. Or that the tele is 2 lbs lighter than the LP. Maybe both.

I like having the choice though.

As long as your collection puts a smile on your face, might as well keep what

you have. Maybe start a 5 year rule? If you haven't played it or thought about

playing it in 5 years, then it's time to sell [biggrin]

Archived