Gibson Brands Forums

If you had £2000 to spend .......

whis4ey

I thought it would be interesting to hear what each of us would do if we had that sum of money at our disposal, and the wife either

(a) didn't know about it

OR

(B) for some peculiar reason wasn't objecting :)

Would it be a new 'puter? mic? monitors and sub woofers? mixing desk? control board? express interface? or W.H.Y (what have you)

Let us all know what you lust after.

I was looking at a really good mic (Neuman U87) because a good mic never goes out of date and is always a real pleasure to use

I am sure there are many great ideas out there .....

Guest BentonC

Very hard question. That kind of money is really easy to spend on pro audio gear. I'd love a new mic, or some nice compressors or eq's. I'm completely with you on getting things that won't get outdated.

I think in the end though, my need for a really nice converter would have to take over. I'd love to have a new Lynx unit or maybe an Apogee. Or, a new set of Dynaudio monitors. Or, a few 500 series units to load out a lunchbox. Or, ... you get the picture [thumbup]

I suppose if I thought long enough about it I could come up with a list of stuff I think I want. However, the truth is that I'm pretty happy with my recording set up. So I guess, given that £2000.00, I'd probably opt for a custom built 12 string electric. At least then I could get one where the neck wasn't either too fat, too thin, too narrow or too wide.

I haven't got a wife, so those 'wife issues' don't exist for me. [thumbup]

I have already got a nice Neuman 87, and like jonnyG, I am happy with my current studio setup,

sooo...

I would look for a good, second hand, (analogue !) piano. B)

...Oh yea, and a local piano tuner ! [wink]

Guest BentonC

You're both very lucky! [biggrin]

I'm always looking for new studio toys (although, you bring up great points- what good is a studio without instruments in it?!) [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it would be interesting to hear what each of us would do if we had that sum of money at our disposal, and the wife either

(a) didn't know about it

OR

(B) for some peculiar reason wasn't objecting :)

Would it be a new 'puter? mic? monitors and sub woofers? mixing desk? control board? express interface? or W.H.Y (what have you)

Let us all know what you lust after.

I was looking at a really good mic (Neuman U87) because a good mic never goes out of date and is always a real pleasure to use

I am sure there are many great ideas out there .....

You are so funny.

You can buy what you long for. the money you wife do not know yet.So, is you buy new things she must ask you honey when you get this? how much ?etc.

So why not buy a dress or something she like as a gift. and tell her; darling Look what's this?This is you gift I bought it for you do you like it?

Haha when she said I like it very much .you tell her I bought a gift for myself.

This is a happy ending.

Archived