Gibson Brands Forums

The LudNuts has an official band youtube!

Good on you for doing something about it man.. So many people dream about doing things and sit there and do nothing.. You keep it up dude and as you say dont let anyone tell you otherwise.. :) Music and playing guitar is what keeps me going and never lets me down, its not about how good you are, its how it makes you feel thats important.... Keep Rocking !!

When I said some ppl may dislike it I didn't mean you.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I'm not mad or anything at you for any reason, but I would certainly appreciate some advice on making the tone of my amp more to where it needs to be for better sound. I do turn my bass up, I roll back my mids and add treble. Should I leave the bass where its at, 12'0clock the mids and add the treble on about 3?

This is my equalization as of now. BTW what does presence do?

equalization001.jpg

To EVOL! The buzzing sound was made by my ac power adapter that runs my camera.

It doesn't do it when I use batteries, but the camera eats up batterys and I have to use the lithum kind and their really expensive

Id say more Bass and more Mid.. thats usually what I go for, almost full bass, just under three quaters Mid and then bring the treble end up to taste (but it looks like a good position).. Of course it also depends on what fuzz or distortion your using.. some of the Metal ones can be a bit too much on the Treble end for my liking.. A nice blues fuzz would give you a warmer sound... Also if your amp has it, add a little reverb which also gives you a thicker sound :)

When I said some ppl may dislike it I didn't mean you.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I'm not mad or anything at you for any reason, but I would certainly appreciate some advice on making the tone of my amp more to where it needs to be for better sound. I do turn my bass up, I roll back my mids and add treble. Should I leave the bass where its at, 12'0clock the mids and add the treble on about 3?

This is my equalization as of now. BTW what does presence do?

equalization001.jpg

To EVOL! The buzzing sound was made by my ac power adapter that runs my camera.

It doesn't do it when I use batteries, but the camera eats up batterys and I have to use the lithum kind and their really expensive

I currently favor treble 4 middle 5 bass 7 on crunch mode with gain 4 and channel volume 6 and i often like to back down guitar volume and tone to 7-8. More presence kinda give you the guitar more "in your face".

I just don't want to have too much bass.

Your saying put everything on 5 and have no presence?

I have a 20x20 room, it would sound like crap.

No offence but your logic sounds silly to me.

I'm NOT throwing away my stompbox either.

I love my distortion pedal!

I actually don't use that much gain as you may think.

I believe I simply need more bass and like gosh the Marshall already raddles my windows.

I'll start using treble 5 mids 5 and bass 8.

I agree it is hard to find the tone

Have you tried using a power attenuator? Some tube amps sound like crap if you don't have them running at any decent volume and something like a THD Hotplate could help you with getting your tubes glowing at lower volumes. That said if it's just the sound being recorded from your camera that you're not happy with and you're happy with the sound in the room I wouldn't worry about it.

I was expecting to see a video of your whole band,could you post some band videos too please? If I may offer a bit of friendly,constructive criticism:It would very much behoove you to get some professional vocal coaching because much of your vocals were flat or off key.Nothing turns an audience more than off key vocals or instruments and if the lead singer is off key it would be almost impossible for back-up vocals to be on key too.Anyway stick to it and put more effort on your vocals and things should be great.Best of luck with your band.

Jake,I was trying to offer you some constructive criticism (which you asked for) and in a diplomatic way offered you some suggestions.I never asked to be your friend but since you got your back up and got nasty,I'll tell you the naked truth.You are a much less than mediocre singer and guitar player,your videos are so bad that they are laughable and a source of amusement.As for your other statements about playing in bands and almost making it to the big time,that's very doubtful given your demonstration of having barely passable fretboard skills.Despite what you say, you put it out for the world to see that you are by no means the virtuoso you think yourself to be.

I have been a gigging musician for over 40 years and have earned enough playing to amass a sizeable collection of musical instruments and paraphernalia.I have also taught guitar and some of my students have gone on to very good careers in music.Recently I have developed the same neuro-muscular condition that Leona Boyd was stricken with because of punching in days of playing and practicing 12 hours plus for many years so now I am undergoing intensive therapy to remedy the condition so I can get gigging again.That will give some idea of the time that I`ve devoted to my craft.

From now on when you ask for critiques of your playing you`d better hone your fretboard skills and vocals if you want honest positive feedback,if not we could all lie and tell you that you are great.

No offense man, but If you have a problem with the way I sing, don't watch my videos, its as simple as that. For your information I have no friends, friends suck, they lie to you and stab you in the back. Their always jealous of the things I have and I they will steal from you in a heartbeat. Friends are simply no good.....

From another recent post you say :

"....I mostly teach the basic classic rock stuff. (Ac/Dc, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Clapton (not much of him lol) just that sort of stuff. So I try my best to teach what I know, because I can't teach what I don't know. I just be honest with people and be myself and get to know them personally as well. It gives me a chance to make friends... Guitarist friends =).."

[confused] [confused] [confused]

Guest farnsbarns

Jake, I didn't respond to your op because I had nothing nice to say and when that happens I generally say nothing. However, your nasty response to Bonzo's commendably diplomatic and constructive criticism not only tells me that's a wise stance, it also tells me you're of worse than questionable character. When you first came here you made a bit of a fool of yourself but you seemed to listen, calm down and rode it out. After that I tried to give you a carte Blanche. You did it again.

I'll give you no more of my time or attention.

By the way, now I know what you are really like, I don't care about diplomacy and your feelings don't matter to me so here's my "honest" critique. You suck, you can't sing a note and you can't play guitar, your lyrics blow too. If you are teaching (I believe that's just another fantasy) but if you are, you can only be ripping those people off. You should stop doing that at least. You have every right to carry on playing, and you should, if it makes you happy but believe me, you are devoid of talent and with your attitude to constructive criticism you will never be able to attain any knowledge or skill to make up for that.

Archived