Gibson Brands Forums

*** "EYE CANDY" REQUEST: OLD, WORN, NATURAL RELICS - LET'S SEE SOME PICS!

1982CARLPEMGS

LET'S SEE YOUR MOST BELOVED HONESTLY WORN RELICS!

I for one love "honest wear"...there has to be some "beautifully patinaed, paint cracked, scuffed, scarred and paint worn beauties" owned by members...and I for one would love the chance to see them. So...please share...

Mine is only 26 years old and has some honest wear on her...so...here we go...

1982GibsonLesPaul001.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul002.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul003.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul004.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul005.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul006.jpg

Yeah... guilty. This is the "we take care of our stuff" Forum.

and I am guilty of not having an old Gibson. My relics are an '83 strat and a Hondo 12 string... both of which are in really good condition to have been through what they have (gigs, practices, recording, etc.) =P~

070608019.jpg

070608003.jpg

Both guitars were bought in the early to mid '80s.

A case in point.

Here's the case to my 1947 L-7, it has obviously done it's job over the years. The guitar looks much better, after 61 years, it only has a few dings, scrapes, and a gouge or two, and a little wedding ring wear on the underside of the neck.

2428186977_77b772dc02_o.jpg

2428186741_e68545044e_o.jpg

Great Case I love em when they look like that and there on the third handle but still working.

I don't mind the wear on some thing and honest wear ishard to define here's a 74 that shows many years of play and no worry about "Buckle Rash" when they were just guitars not art and the headstock is worse from Cigarette burns and grazing.

les_paul_std_7_buckle_rash.jpg

Archived