Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1982CARLPEMGS

*** "EYE CANDY" REQUEST: OLD, WORN, NATURAL RELICS - LET'S SEE SOME PICS!

LET'S SEE YOUR MOST BELOVED HONESTLY WORN RELICS!

I for one love "honest wear"...there has to be some "beautifully patinaed, paint cracked, scuffed, scarred and paint worn beauties" owned by members...and I for one would love the chance to see them. So...please share...

Mine is only 26 years old and has some honest wear on her...so...here we go...

1982GibsonLesPaul001.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul002.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul003.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul004.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul005.jpg1982GibsonLesPaul006.jpg

The EMGs are pretty cool. Wouldn't want them in every one of my guitars but they sound nice in this one.

Really...there's tons of older LPs listed in peoples taglines/signatures? No oldies but goodies? Why is that?

Yeah... guilty. This is the "we take care of our stuff" Forum.

and I am guilty of not having an old Gibson. My relics are an '83 strat and a Hondo 12 string... both of which are in really good condition to have been through what they have (gigs, practices, recording, etc.) =P~

070608019.jpg

070608003.jpg

Both guitars were bought in the early to mid '80s.

you won't find anything less than 5 yrs old on this forum

Here's a 1977 L6-s I bought new' date=' hell it's older than a lot of the members on the forum. I have a few older guitars some I don't share and some I don't photograph anymore. =P~

[img']http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/retrosurfer1959/GibsonL6S-1copy.jpg[/img]

A case in point.

Here's the case to my 1947 L-7, it has obviously done it's job over the years. The guitar looks much better, after 61 years, it only has a few dings, scrapes, and a gouge or two, and a little wedding ring wear on the underside of the neck.

2428186977_77b772dc02_o.jpg

2428186741_e68545044e_o.jpg

Great Case I love em when they look like that and there on the third handle but still working.

I don't mind the wear on some thing and honest wear ishard to define here's a 74 that shows many years of play and no worry about "Buckle Rash" when they were just guitars not art and the headstock is worse from Cigarette burns and grazing.

les_paul_std_7_buckle_rash.jpg