Gibson Brands Forums

Lost a Good Friend the Other Day

Scratch47

John was a forum member on the LetsTalkGuild website. We knew each other since early 2007 and we became close friends. If you had known John, you'd have liked him. He was just one of those guys.

He fought advanced prostate cancer and his biggest concern was for his wife. He had a heart the size of Florida (his home state) and was always thinking of others.

Anwway, John called one morning last July to tell me things were getting bad. We must have talked two hours that day about everything under the sun. We'd talk the untalkable subjects like politics, religion, the economy, world affairs etc. and although we didn't always agree on everything, we communicated in a way that each respected and appreciated. I miss him more than I can now express.

Anyway, I wrote this for him shortly after his phone call last July: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10820151&q=hi&newref=1

Friends & Loved ones all seem to be lost way too soon. All the people that plague a person seem to last forever and outlast us all!

Sorry for your loss. We're loosing so many these days. For me I guess that's cuz of the age I'm getting too.

God Bless & accept His comfort.

Aster

John was a forum member on the LetsTalkGuild website. We knew each other since early 2007 and we became close friends. If you had known John, you'd have liked him. He was just one of those guys.

He fought advanced prostate cancer and his biggest concern was for his wife. He had a heart the size of Florida (his home state) and was always thinking of others.

Anwway, John called one morning last July to tell me things were getting bad. We must have talked two hours that day about everything under the sun. We'd talk the untalkable subjects like politics, religion, the economy, world affairs etc. and although we didn't always agree on everything, we communicated in a way that each respected and appreciated. I miss him more than I can now express.

Anyway, I wrote this for him shortly after his phone call last July: http://www.soundclic...1&q=hi&newref=1

Indeed, this is a lovely offering. I don't know anything that gives comfort like a song from the heart; thanks for sharing this one with with us.

Archived