Gibson Brands Forums

Weve had lots of Electrics.. Now show us your acoustic baby

Rabs

The sound hole is under the bridge on these. The bridge is glued down on the lowest end and rises above the surface of the face where the strings leave the bridge. The rectabgular sound holoe is under there. Very loud axes:

FullsizePipa.jpg

FullsizePipaback.jpg

StudentPipa.jpg

I used to have this Dauphin 10-string:

179848_498610870963_674350963_6460516_3787800_n1.jpg

Here are mine. There are others not pictured.

2005 Gibson AJ

6760946607_f497c11211_m.jpg

Gibson Advanced Jumbo by thejtl

6760947365_8a9fac51f4_m.jpg

Gibson Advanced Jumbo by thejtl, on Flickr

6760945985_6c6310e68d_m.jpg

Gibson Advanced Jumbo by thejtl, on Flickr

1997 Martin D-15

6714933313_8d28b296df_m.jpg

1997 Martin D15 by thejtl, on Flickr

6714932959_c118ebd22a_m.jpg

1997 Martin D15 by thejtl, on Flickr

2008 Les Paul Traditional Plus (I know it's not an acoustic, but it's pretty)

6714932629_65d787926f_m.jpg

2008 Les Paul Traditional Plus by thejtl, on Flickr

So ive seen lots of electrics posted.. But most of us id imgine have acoustics too.. shows us yours...

Ive had this same one since 1992, its a Tanglewood Odyssey and its my first and only acoustic (semi).. as you can see its a round back with a bound fingerboard and body, all I ever did to it was have the bridge lowered a bit to make it play easier and its been perfect ever since.. Its been around the world with me and as much as I love my electics this guitar means the world to me... And still after twenty years of play and use its just as good as when i bought it, all the electrics work and it still sounds great... I know its nothing special (as such), but has always done me proud :)

DSC01213-1.jpg

7-27-11013.jpg

2006 Ovation Collectors Edition

100_2577.jpg

WOW, to me that Ovation Collectors Edition is the best one ive seen so far... AWESOME guitar dude...

I have always loved roundbacks and coulndt quite afford Ovation at the time I got mine (mines a Tanglewood copy), I was suprised not to see many on this thread...

The next time I get an acoustic I reckon it will be one of those ovations.. :)

WOW, to me that Ovation Collectors Edition is the best one ive seen so far... AWESOME guitar dude...

I have always loved roundbacks and coulndt quite afford Ovation at the time I got mine (mines a Tanglewood copy), I was suprised not to see many on this thread...

The next time I get an acoustic I reckon it will be one of those ovations.. :)

Thanks Rabs. Actually, the white 6 string is the guitar I play about 90% of the time. The 2006, I bought because the price was right, and I loved the Koa top.

Thanks Rabs. Actually, the white 6 string is the guitar I play about 90% of the time. The 2006, I bought because the price was right, and I loved the Koa top.

I did used to have a lovely 12 string to go with mine too. But as much as I had always wanted one and they sound amazing (you can fart on a 12 string and it would sound good :)) they are a ***** to play.. Killer on the fingers... So in the end I sold it to help fund the start of my Gibson Electic GAS problem :P

Picture174.jpg

Picture168.jpg

I did used to have a lovely 12 string to go with mine too. But as much as I had always wanted one and they sound amazing (you can fart on a 12 string and it would sound good :)) they are a ***** to play.. Killer on the fingers... So in the end I sold it to help fund the start of my Gibson Electic GAS problem :P

Wow, thats a beauty.

Archived