Gibson Brands Forums

Please help identifying a Gibson

joeh1974

Yo Nick. What's your budget?

I think $3K or less. If it's a modern, I see no reason to even spend that much. I don't have a real budget. I just look at a guitar and decide if it's worth the price. I'm not into over-priced vintage guitars that sound and play lousy for a lot of money. At the same time, I have a number of vintage Gibsons, but I paid rational prices for them.

retrorod:

I hadn't considered selling the pickup separately, but that may be a good idea. If I decided to take it off and sell it by itself, I'll send you a message.

j45nick:

I can't say I'm really disappointed in the quoted values from all of you. I really wanted to have an accurate representation of what the guitar is worth. Video to me just seemed like the best way to showcase the guitar. Not to mention taking numerous photos is just too time consuming. Plus I figured it would be good to have if I did post on CL, Ebay, etc...

Regardless of its value, this is pretty much a windfall. :)

Thanks again for the help.

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this thread. A big help to all that assisted me last year in identifying the guitar! I'm in the process of moving, and selling off items that I don't want to move to the new home. I've decided to put the guitar, pickup, and case up for auction. If anyone is interested, you can view the listing here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200989054156?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Alrighty then.....! A true auction!.....The market will decide......Good Luck.... B)

I had to chuckle though when you say that you are 'downsizing' for a move. A guitar NEVER quite entered into that equation for me....[laugh] .....I would sooner leave an overstuffed winter jacket behind than give up a guitar....if it was a matter of 'space'..... [lol]

Rod

Alrighty then.....! A true auction!.....The market will decide......Good Luck.... B)

I had to chuckle though when you say that you are 'downsizing' for a move. A guitar NEVER quite entered into that equation for me....[laugh] .....I would sooner leave an overstuffed winter jacket behind than give up a guitar....if it was a matter of 'space'..... [lol]

Rod

Yep...a true auction. :)

You probably know how to play a guitar though. As I do not, the guitar takes up a fair amount of space. :D

At least I could wear a winter jacket... :lol:

Archived