Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! Jeff Beck Stratocaster

swampash

I picked up a Jeff Beck Strat today. It's by far the best Strat I've ever played. I normally use 11s on all of my guitars but this has 9s. The action is through the floor with no buzzing. With the LSR roller nut, you can pull away on the whammy all night long and she won't go out of tune ( [scared] ).

c86fa9ea.jpg

288348f8.jpg

54607877.jpg

eea80927.jpg

That's nice! Looks like it has locking tuners as well. I put those on my Strats, but I have not tried the roller nut. Any idea if it fits the standard nut route, or if it needs modification?

From what I've read it seems like you'll have to cut some wood out from the nut area, here's an installation video from Youtube on the Fender LSR roller nut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQL0R09ILUw

Sweet! I remember reading an interview with him where he was asked about any tuning issues considering his extensive use of the whammy bar. He said it wasn't a big problem which amazed me. He doesn't dive like EVH but he's always on it. When I got my Strat with the locking tuners I was amazed at how well it stayed in tune. Fender makes great products at reasonable prices too! Can't live without my Strat now.

Congrats on your new Strat,the Jeff Beck Strats are about the best of the signature Strats.BTW did you ever see JB's version of "Sleepwalk"?His vibrato arm work on that song is simply incredible,if you didn't see him doing it you wouldn't believe that he's not using a slide or a steel guitar.

Archived