Gibson Brands Forums

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

jaxson50

OK! So I up graded my system to microsoft 7 and now I can't watch any videos posted here. They are just black. WTF?

Sounds like you may need to install the latest Flash media player which you can get here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Even today Windows doesnt come with it installed.. same as PDF reader.. Thats Microsoft for you :P

Sounds like you may need to install the latest Flash media player which you can get here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Even today Windows doesnt come with it installed.. same as PDF reader.. Thats Microsoft for you :P

If you like Microsoft or not, and I am not trying to be difficult, but why would microsoft even remotely want

to inlcude another companies "add ons" with their operating systems. Adobe flash and adobe PDF or even other brands

of PDF readers ect., have nothing to do with a computers operating system. Adding them sure might make some movies and opening PDF files

compatable for plenty of information. Adobe has their own security problems as well as Microsoft. I would not want to add

those to my system unless I am (1) sure I needed them, (2) I am sure they are safe (3) I will use them.

I sure do use Adobe flash . I also take the risks that come with it. Next time you get an adobe update read what security issues

are being addressed with the new release, there is always something.

I do hope that adding Adobe flash does help the problem that is posted, but I see no reason to fault Microsoft for this.

/cheers

If you like Microsoft or not, and I am not trying to be difficult, but why would microsoft even remotely want

to inlcude another companies "add ons" with their operating systems. Adobe flash and adobe PDF or even other brands

of PDF readers ect., have nothing to do with a computers operating system. Adding them sure might make some movies and opening PDF files

compatable for plenty of information. Adobe has their own security problems as well as Microsoft. I would not want to add

those to my system unless I am (1) sure I needed them, (2) I am sure they are safe (3) I will use them.

I sure do use Adobe flash . I also take the risks that come with it. Next time you get an adobe update read what security issues

are being addressed with the new release, there is always something.

I do hope that adding Adobe flash does help the problem that is posted, but I see no reason to fault Microsoft for this.

/cheers

Haha... sorry it just kind of slips out.. to do with my recent job as an IT Manager..

I cant seem to help it whenever the subject comes up.. Once you have been an IT/network manager you get a whole new level of issues to do with Microsoft..

And I guess the point is that these programs are used by so many people and sites that they should become standard.. Alot of users dont know exactly whats going on and its issues like the original post mentioned that is my issue.. Why make it so hard when they could provide safe links to download FLash and Adobe Reader and thus taking any risk away from the user (like they do with some makes like Toshiba that pre-install windows, they provide links to such things on the desktop).. I know its all down to money and liscensing deals, but that makes things harder for everone else.. Standardisation is the only way to go to get really user friendly computers..

Sorry I didnt mean to go on... I will stop now :)

Well stuff like this keeps forums busy, which is a good thing (I guess). I use Windows 7. It's starting to look more and more like a Mac with each new version. I'm a unix person myself. When I started at NASA I was forced to use Windows. I still use the operating system but I try to not use their programs. It's pretty bad when freeware is much better than stuff that costs you 100's of dollars. I use this free program called LaTeX for my techinical writing and it blows WORD out of the water. I also wrote my book using LaTeX and put a comment in there that states "This book was produced using LaTeX." My colleague summed it up best when he said you never see a book published that states "This book was published in spite of WORD." OK, I'll stop now. I hope you fix your problems.

OK! So I up graded my system to microsoft 7 and now I can't watch any videos posted here. They are just black. WTF?

Also as a secondary thought, you may want to let windows do an update if youve just installed it. It will have to find new drivers for your graphics card and the like... (which its actualy really good at these days)

(its hard to tell with these things, you just have to take it step by step).

OK, I have tried everything..deleted Jave reinstalled Java, deleted Acobat reinstalled it..nothing works..fking computers....they are all crap. I have G-4 Mac in the closet that isn't worth the powder it would take to blow it away. Doesn't have enough memory to run Tiger 500 or whatever the hell they are blowing up our pantys...so it may as well be a ash tray....

OK, I have tried everything..deleted Jave reinstalled Java, deleted Acobat reinstalled it..nothing works..fking computers....they are all crap. I have G-4 Mac in the closet that isn't worth the powder it would take to blow it away. Doesn't have enough memory to run Tiger 500 or whatever the hell they are blowing up our pantys...so it may as well be a ash try....

Did you let windows do an update?

OK, I have tried everything..deleted Jave reinstalled Java, deleted Acobat reinstalled it..nothing works..fking computers....they are all crap. I have G-4 Mac in the closet that isn't worth the powder it would take to blow it away. Doesn't have enough memory to run Tiger 500 or whatever the hell they are blowing up our pantys...so it may as well be a ash tray....

You said you deleted and re-installed acrobat.. What about Flash (acrobat is just the PDF reader)..

That link I posted originally has it.

(sorry if I seem to be asking the same thing, just being sure).

Guest farnsbarns

Most YouTube content is now delivered in html5 and not flash. There is loads of problems with the x64 version of ie9. Go into the windows button menu and find ie x86. I'll bet my bottom dollar it works fin in the 32 bit version.

Did you try a different browser like Firefox? Is IE running is safemode? What do you see before you click the videos on youtube? Mainly whats in the little square of the video? is there a picture of the video before you click?

When I see a post here with a youtube clip I can see the frame of the video but the screen is black.

Sadly there's only one real upgrade that seems to always works and fixes more than 90% of these issue. When your real frustrated and can't stand messing with it anymore you might try it!

It's even pretty simple and almost painless just...

Buy a Mac.

I bought a Mac, several years ago,a G-4..but I can't use it because it won't run tiger 50000 or what every kitty they are frying now...the Mac Store wants to upgrade it for me, for what they want I can buy a new PC. Of course as soon as I pay them to upgrade it, they will kill another cat and it will once again become a door stop....These guys are worse ripoffs then lawyers...

Signed

Gumpy

Archived