Gibson Brands Forums

Now this is art...

dem00n

Actually the first painting is a parody. Only a comic book geek would get it though. [biggrin]

yes its Dali Wolverine... (not Freddy as someone else mentioned :P) (oh and im not a comic book geek at all, but it doesnt take much to work out :P) :)

My favorite artist is Jackson Pollack. His paintings are so impressive! Definitely something a 3 year couldn't do! <end sarcasm>

Thanks for mentioning Wolverine, I was trying to put the pieces together because it looked oddly familiar. LOL

I am an artist, writer, musician, like many of us here, we have certain tastes that others may not have. I have to admit that I thought Pollock was a hack until I stood inches away from one of his large paintings. I had seen this painting in a book but standing in front of it was so very much different. It was absolutely amazing.

I challenge you to go to a museum, and really take the time to look at some of his work.

Art is not about difficulty. If you followed that same logic with music then you'd have pretty horrible taste in music.

Who's to say I don't? [lol] And there are plenty of great songs/genres that require a great degree of difficulty to play.

The kind of art that impresses me requires more than putting paint on a brush and flinging it onto a canvas. I enjoy art for the skill that it takes to make it, not necessarily for the beauty of the final product. Again, that's just my opinion.

The artist who did the first painting really has the Salvadore Dali style down pat.One artist that I really liked was Roger Dean who did many great album covers in the 70s and 80s for artists such as Uriah Heep,Osibisa,Gentle Giant,with many for Yes plus several other popular bands and artists from that era.His paintings depicted very colourful gothic scenes usually with dragons and all kinds of strange creatures.

Archived