Gibson Brands Forums

EPI SHERATON II BRIDGE REPLACEMENT HELP!

Hello,

A little under a year ago I bought a new Epiphone Sheraton II Ebony guitar and have been recently looking into upgrades.

I am about to purchase a Gibson 57 Classic Plus Pickup to replace my bridge pickup and I'm excited to see how it turns out. Since that decision, I've been constantly looking for different upgrades I can do to get the most out of my guitar with the budget that I have (which isn't much).

After properly learning how to intonate my guitar, I noticed that I'm having issues intonating the G string (I use 11 guage d'Addario strings). The saddle for the G string on my stock LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge is pushed all the way to the back and wont go any further...yet the fretted note at the 12th fret is still a bit sharp compared to the perfect pitch harmonic. It's really frustrating when playing high up on the neck because the intonation problem really comes out. So I started looking into replacing the bridge and it seems the most common are the ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge and the Nashville Tune-O-Matic Bridge. My question is, which would be better for a new Sheraton II. I'd like to avoid drilling if possible. I'd also like to avoid buying something that doesn't fit. Haha. Any Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nathan

• 2 years later...

Hello,

A little under a year ago I bought a new Epiphone Sheraton II Ebony guitar and have been recently looking into upgrades.

I am about to purchase a Gibson 57 Classic Plus Pickup to replace my bridge pickup and I'm excited to see how it turns out. Since that decision, I've been constantly looking for different upgrades I can do to get the most out of my guitar with the budget that I have (which isn't much).

After properly learning how to intonate my guitar, I noticed that I'm having issues intonating the G string (I use 11 guage d'Addario strings). The saddle for the G string on my stock LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge is pushed all the way to the back and wont go any further...yet the fretted note at the 12th fret is still a bit sharp compared to the perfect pitch harmonic. It's really frustrating when playing high up on the neck because the intonation problem really comes out. So I started looking into replacing the bridge and it seems the most common are the ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge and the Nashville Tune-O-Matic Bridge. My question is, which would be better for a new Sheraton II. I'd like to avoid drilling if possible. I'd also like to avoid buying something that doesn't fit. Haha. Any Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nathan

If you still need an advice: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/110278-epiphone-sheraton-ii-korea-bridge-issue/

Archived