Gibson Brands Forums

Ellipse Aura question

Snapper Jones

I'm thinking that perhaps I just cant figure this out. I'm on my second brand new J-185 where the electronics won't work--or I can't get sound to come out of the amp. Everything is plugged in correctly, volume is turned up, etc.--it just won't work. I sent the first J-185 back a week or so ago b/c the electronics didn't work. Plugged the new one in for the first time this evening and low and behold----the same thing.

I find it hard to believe that there could be something wrong with both guitars---or am I just not doing something right?

Any help would be appreciated.

tx

I'm thinking that perhaps I just cant figure this out. I'm on my second brand new J-185 where the electronics won't work--or I can't get sound to come out of the amp. Everything is plugged in correctly, volume is turned up, etc.--it just won't work. I sent the first J-185 back a week or so ago b/c the electronics didn't work. Plugged the new one in for the first time this evening and low and behold----the same thing.

I find it hard to believe that there could be something wrong with both guitars---or am I just not doing something right?

Any help would be appreciated.

tx

Battery required? Do you have a mixer channel muted? Using a Planet Waves cord that has on/off switch on the cable and it's off?

Archived