Gibson Brands Forums

50th Aniversary Standard 24

jaygl

Hey all. Couple of things I've been wondering about when it comes to my standard 24 aniversary model. As a "limited run", I believe only 600 we're to be made. Do gibson make the full run and wait for orders, or, do they only fill the orders as they come? Is it likely that 600 we're not even built? Also, I read alot of people saying "mine is number such and such of 400, or 600 whatever....can I find out which number mine was in the run, and if so, is it in the serrial number somewhere, or, would I contact gibson to find out? Cheers peeps, and thanks in advance for any responses.

IMGA0447.jpg

I don't recall reading anywhere on Gibson's website that the run was limited to specific number, do you have a link to an official source? Comments on Youtube don't count :) But that doesn't mean that it isn't. I'd call Gibson if you're curious.

The serial number schema is like so:

The serial number will be an 8 digit number impressed into the back of the headstock with "MADE IN USA" below.

The pattern is as follows:

YDDDYRRR

YY is the production year

DDD is the day of the year

RRR is the factory ranking/plant designation number.

DDD is the day of the year. Mine is 073, which means it was stamped on March 14 (Made on a Monday). That doesn't by any means indicate that it was the 73rd guitar made -- it may have been 2nd, it may have been last.

Archived