Gibson Brands Forums

Ghosts

LT ED

I know this is a potential can of worms but I would be nice have peoples thoughts. Ghosts, does anybody have any thoughts,experiences ,beliefs, disbeliefs? The only reason I ask is that my wife is convinced of there existence, Im not. Im 48 Ive lost freinds and family along the way and have never had anything happen to me that would make me believe in ghosts or the paranormal . Ive asked out many times to dead freinds and family who in life have been very close so you would think that in death they would try to make some sort of contact, but nothing what so ever or maybe I just miss it. My wife says Im just closed down but I dont agree , on the contrary I think I am open to suggestion. I would be the first to hold my hands up If I could just see something with my own eyes . How do you guys feel and does anybody have any thoughts or evidence. Sorry for no guitar content. :-k

I know this is a potential can of worms but I would be nice have peoples thoughts. Ghosts, does anybody have any thoughts,experiences ,beliefs, disbeliefs? The only reason I ask is that my wife is convinced of there existence, Im not. Im 48 Ive lost freinds and family along the way and have never had anything happen to me that would make me believe in ghosts or the paranormal . Ive asked out many times to dead freinds and family who in life have been very close so you would think that in death they would try to make some sort of contact, but nothing what so ever or maybe I just miss it. My wife says Im just closed down but I dont agree , on the contrary I think I am open to suggestion. I would be the first to hold my hands up If I could just see something with my own eyes . How do you guys feel and does anybody have any thoughts or evidence. Sorry for no guitar content. :-k

In my opinion, if the recently deceased could routinely make contact with their nearest and dearest, we would know all about it and it would be a normal part of our lives. Clearly, this is not the case. However, I think some places and some events can, under the right circumstances (usually not good ones) leave a kind of resonance, or vibration, or energy, or feeling, or reflection, or whatever you want to call it. And some people (and some animals maybe) might just be able to pick up on that resonance or whatever...... of course, that might all be a load of rubbish. Who knows?

I don't believe in them, but I had a co-worker move his family out of a house that he swears was haunted. He said he heard chairs rocking in the attic and the oven door would violently open from time to time. He had experts go through the house and he recalls a door to the upstairs that nobody could open. When my buddy went to open it, it swung open by itself. His story, and he's not someone to make stuff up. But, until I personally experience anything, I'm still a non believer.

I know one "ghost" that turned out to be some problems caused by a home having no grounding for the electrical system.

I've a hunch that there is something going on - in our heads at least - that might be attributable to ghosts, angels, whatever, in certain circumstances. Whether it's a matter of our subconscious remaining more aware than the conscious and/or sleeping mind, I dunno.

One might note that current concepts of bubble universes could also offer a sort of explanation.

m

My beliefs are sculpted by the experiences that I or others I fully trust believe in. Ive never seen a ghost, nor has anyone I know closely. For this reason, I have been presented with no information which makes me believe in ghosts.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. My skepticism would be too long for me to want to type it all out here.

But, here's a question. When people claim to see apparitions, is it of the person as they were right at the moment they died? Or is it at a certain time in that persons life? And they are usually wearing period clothing (like Civil War soldiers at Gettysburg). How would objects like clothing, weapons etc. make it through the netherworld or whatever you want to call it?

There is no doubt that there are things that happen that seem to defy any explanation and some of these are well founded and documented.I had one very unsettling experience some years ago when someone very close and dear to me was raped and murdered.I won't go into details but it too defied explanation and several other people can vouch for it,it is something that will stay with me all my life and I hope that I'll never experience anything like it again.

Yes, until proved otherwise. I've had a bit of experience, with unexplained

phenomena. My aunts house, was build on a hill, in Colorado Springs, that was

an Indian Burial Ground, at some point in the distant past. Her home, and those

of several neighbors, had regular "hauntings," and other unexplained events.

Even my Mother saw a "misty apparition," standing at the end of her bed, while

we were visiting my aunt, who was my mother's sister. My cousin's have experienced

"cold spots," in the house, as well as odd movements, and activities, than can't

be explained, any other way. I've had a couple of experiences, myself, in that

same house, where someone was walking, upstairs, flushed the toilet, and then

walked back into one of the bedrooms. There was no one, there, but me, and I was

downstairs, at the time. So...??? [unsure][biggrin]

CB

Not to broaden the horizon to much but why not throw UFOs into the mix because I haven't seen one of those either,but for some strange reason I find them more plausible. :-k

At the risk of sounding "suspect=crazy,"...

I saw some of those, in June, 1968! There was a LOT of sightings, over about a 2 night period,

around here. IF they were just "airplanes," they moved faster and in very odd erratic directions, than

any "aircraft" I had ever seen, before. Admittedly, that was the only time, I witnessed it,

and I was with several other people who saw them, too. Haven't seen anything since, but I do

think it's silly, at best, to think this planet is the only one with "intelligent" life, on it,

in this vast universe. Or, that we are even the Most Intelligent! THAT makes no sense, to me,

at all!

CB

There is no doubt that there are things that happen that seem to defy any explanation and some of these are well founded and documented.I had one very unsettling experience some years ago when someone very close and dear to me was raped and murdered.I won't go into details but it too defied explanation and several other people can vouch for it,it is something that will stay with me all my life and I hope that I'll never experience anything like it again.

Though I haven't experienced anything as tragically close as Bonzo, I too have seen some weird stuff that defies explanation.

When I was in college and living in a fraternity, the guys in my house went through a brief obsession with using the ouija board. Guys were using it every night. I know: complete crap, right? I thought it was too until the guys in my house began to use it all the time: stuff disappeared or was moved, a "presence" was felt, and one time, I was lying on my floor feeling sick when I heard a voice and felt a touch on my cheek; just a brush, but I felt it.

More disconcerting was the overall atmosphere of living in the house: a general feeling of malaise seemed to descend up on all of us. People were depressed, fighting, agitated; it was as if a dark cloud had descended on us. For me personally, it is no secret that in my past, I have battled depression and panic disorder, and what was going on in the house seemed to make both significantly worse. It got so bad that the house leadership (of which I was a part of) voted to ban the use of the ouija board.

Could all of this have been just frat boy college nonsense? Maybe. But having lived through it, I have to say Maybe not too...

Guest farnsbarns

I don't believe in ghosts but I'll tell you something strange. I live in a fairly old house (1904). There's plenty of history too, with suicides, fires, family rifts and unexpected, untimely and painfull deaths.

Now remember I don't believe so I assume there's a logical explanation for this but one of our cats would very occasionaly become transfixed on one corner at ceiling height and would appear quite angry. We have another cat who is very aloof and stays upstairs most of time. One day, while the first cat was having one of his transfixed moments I had cause to go up stairs and found the other cat staring at the corner at floor level, directly above, exhibiting the same behaviour.

Some time later I noticed the were both downstairs doing it.

It got really weird when we got a dog and one night she leapt up, ran to that corner and barked at the ceiling.

All three still do these things on occasion.

Very weird!

Carlie Brown. you my freind sound like a one man ufo and paranormal hotspot keep up the good work..lol [thumbup]

LOL...well, I'm afraid my experiences have been "few and far between," but...they were enough, to

convince me, that things aren't always as the seem, and that there's a tremendous amount, we still

don't know. It doesn't frighten me (the evening news, does [scared] ), but I find all that sort of

thing very interesting! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

For me what gives this stuff creedence is when you get the situation with Farns cats because humans can distort and exaggerate but you can,t explain why 2 cats one upstairs one downstairs both acting strange and looking at pretty much the same part of the house. :-k and how do you explain the dog.

As I said in the first post my wife is the beleiver and Im on the fence but we have had one thing that is strange thats been going on, Il try and explain. My wife is convinced that her mum and her aunty are looking after us.Ok my wifes mum died 3 years ago and my daughter had a baby 18 months ago.I havn,t seen this but she says that Alfie[ baby] sits on here bed and stairs at the open door and just giggles and laughs, ok nothing strange about that but down stairs on the fire place we have a nice picture of Sues mum with a little metal cats head on the top of the frame that I painted white because about the same time Sues mum died so did our white cat of 17 years.Know of all the pictures we have Alfie goes straight to the picture of Joan and the cat and picks it up and kisses and hugs it. :-k :-k :-k

The previous owner of the house my wife and I live in, Dr. Charles Fieker, has stuck around to help out with things around the house. We checked with one of the neighbors, and learned he did die in the house, and that he was a research scientist for Monsanto Company.

He never married, but must have liked pretty women, because he is constantly doing things for my wife like opening doors for her when her hands are full, or ringing to the doorbell so I open the door as she is walking from the car with grocery bags. The image of a face has also appeared (multiple times) in the stream on the bathroom mirror after my wife has showered (we have photos of that).

He also must have had a mischievous side and sense of humor because he has turned on the water in the master bathroom sink in the middle on the night. Not just a drip or trickle, but a nice full stream of warm water (both hot and cold were on), and once while my wife was out of town he turned the thermostat on the hot water heater off on me. I guess he decided I needed a cold shower.

My wife and I have both seen him, separately at different times (we both described the same image, and clothing), and we address him by his proper name, when speaking to him, or about him (no, he doesn't speak back to us). All is fine with us sharing HIS house with him.

PS: This is not my first, or only, experience with the "spirit world", just the most recent and on-going. I have had various occurrences of this nature since the mid-late 70's.

A friend of mine in high school lived in a house that had a spirit. They kept hearing strange noises and led them to do some research. An old man had died in that house years earlier from natural causes and I be must have stayed behind.

Things I witnessed: The two of us would be alone in that house downstairs playing (this goes way back) Sega Genesis and would hear someone walking/running around upstairs. Bloody loud footsteps. They had a black cat, one black cat, but we often saw it running around the house with another black cat. We even tried chasing the cats a few times. Both cats would run into a room, we would go in right after them and there would only be the one cat in the room. They had this brass light fixture that came down from the ceiling - it was just this solid brass bar. We saw it moving around one day, and then later on, it was bent a full 180°. After their cat died, they got a Lab. Nicest, calmest dog in the world but it would sometimes just run up to one of the bedrooms barking like mad. I'm talking like a rabid dog. The thing would be foaming at the mouth and bark like crazy at thin air. As soon as somebody told the dog to shut up or went into that same room, the dog would stop and act like nothing happened.

Things they saw and told me about: His mom was pulling clothes out of dryer one day, looked to her side and saw a man standing there. Startled, she jumped up, he disappeared. A black shadow would frequently walk around the upstairs bedrooms during the night and it would sometimes call out their names.

I'm as sure ghosts exist as I'm sure the sky is blue.

Archived