Gibson Brands Forums

You Know Your Getting Old When.....

L5Larry

.....you used to get excited when you found the new Victoria's Secret catolog in your mailbox' date=' but now you get more excited when the mailman brings you the new ones from Musician's Friend and American Music Supply.[/quote']

And when you have to put on your reading glasses to look at any of those catalogs!

Years ago, before my wife and I had our daughter, we hung out with several other couples who also had not become parents yet.

The wife of one of these couples was a seriously beautiful redhead with a killer body. They had a magazine basket in their downstairs powder room, and it was always full of Victoria's Secret catalogs. She admitted to to being a steady customer herself, so I got to imagine her in some of those underwears!

A few years went by, and we all started having kids. Nowadays when we visit their house, they have children's magazines and books in that basket.

It ain't the years - it's the mileage.

You forget where you put your guitar. Find it' date=' then forget where you put your pick. Find that, then forget what room your amp is currently in. Locate the amp and plug in only to forget what ya wanted to play. "Honey ya seen my tuner??!!!"[/quote']

+1.. misplace those picks all the time!!

Jeff =D>

Years ago if I met an attractive woman my first thought was "Hmmm' date=' I wonder if she has a daughter my age......."

Now I meet an attractive woman and my first thought is "Hmmm, I wonder what her MOM looks like......."[/quote']

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I like picking my kids up from school just to check out what all the mums are like...

Flight959

Played a high school prom many years ago and a young lady in a very nice prom dress came rushing to the stage and said "I'm so excited to hear your band tonight because my mom said you played for her senior prom and you were the greatest!"

Jay R

1972 LP Custom (lefty)

1981 Strat (lefty)

various Marshalls

Deep blue...I'm totally with you on the Shirley Jones thing.

You really know your old when the 40 year old guys at work are collecting Japanese Kramers as vintage.Or pink Peavey Vandenburgs??????????? Fellow sold his Les Paul Studio to secure the Peavey????

Archived