Gibson Brands Forums

Band names anyone?

Kyler Patrick

So, I took ya'lls advice and I asked around at school for band members. I met a lot of new people and even got a new band together!!! We even got a place to practice other than a basement! We're able to practice in a church sanctuary when it's not being used!! They even record their own stuff so we don't need to buy time in a recording studio! We have hit one speed bump though.... none of us are very creative when it comes to band names <_< Would ya'll maybe have any ideas. We'd all be extremely grateful if you did!

Thanks!

(there are no stupid ideas)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

Over here we have a probiotic yoghurt thing which boasts a culture called el-casi-immunitas (say: L kas eye immune E tas). I've always liked the rhythm and sound of it.

Can we get some more info about the band? What type of music do you play or plan on playing? Who are your influences? Stuff like that

Well we're planning on playing classic rock sounding music. We're starting with covers of Rush songs and we're seeing where that takes us. We have a 15 yr. female singer and everyone else is a sophomore/junior guy in HS. Idk if this helps, but we practice at a church, we were all home-schooled (we go to a co-op now) and there's a jail across the street from our co-op. (yeah sorry, that was random) And that's just about all there is to know about us right now.

We're able to practice in a church sanctuary when it's not being used!!

Yikes! If one of you bursts into flames while playing Don't Fear the Reaper, don't say I didn't warn you.

I am with the others here. If you are a classic rock cover band you should take your name from a classic rock song. Watchtower is good. Red House or Misty Mountain are some other suggestions.

I like to go with more elaborate names like The Sweaty Delights or Pontius Pilate and the Nail Drivers.

Yikes! If one of you bursts into flames while playing Don't Fear the Reaper, don't say I didn't warn you.

I am with the others here. If you are a classic rock cover band you should take your name from a classic rock song. Watchtower is good. Red House or Misty Mountain are some other suggestions.

I like to go with more elaborate names like The Sweaty Delights or Pontius Pilate and the Nail Drivers.

Yeah I like these ideas a lot! thanks! oh and yeah were prayin that God won't zap us during practice haha (especially when we practice Highway to Hell).....yeah just kidding we wouldn't do that in a church haha

We have hit one speed bump though.... none of us are very creative when it comes to band names <_< Would ya'll maybe have any ideas. We'd all be extremely grateful if you did!

Thanks!

[thumbup] N O U A V C [confused] also from your intro this acronym.

(there are no stupid ideas)

from your intro, ONE SPEED BUMP

Yeah I like these ideas a lot! thanks! oh and yeah were prayin that God won't zap us during practice haha (especially when we practice Highway to Hell).....yeah just kidding we wouldn't do that in a church haha

Are you kidding me. God loves AC/DC

Archived