Gibson Brands Forums

Band names anyone?

Kyler Patrick

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my band came up with a final band name. They liked some of the names that you guys posted, but they weren't fans like I was. They decided to go with The Knights of 96' (we were all born in 96') I decided to go with it for now. What do ya'll think of it?

Well.... you wer conceived during the "Nights of 96"!!!

I was surprised to read that you plan on starting with Rush covers. Yet with the stupid, bubble gum names your bandmates seem to be mentioning, you guys (well except for you--the "serious one"-haha) won't get past The Spirit of Radio. Take it as a Distant Early Warning, my friend. Hey, am I the only one here who digs 80s era Rush?

No your not kaleb...I think Rush is one of the best band's to ever walk the Earth, My 30th High School reunion is this year...do the math! LOL!

As for name's Kyler Patric, I think you first need to find other band mate's that are more serous about playing if your the only one in this currant line up who take's it that way.

Well thank God! Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are every bit as good as 2112 and Hemispheres, just different. Why don't ya use a Rush tune? Distant Early Warning, Freewill, Something For Nothing, Working Men, Anthem, Bytor and the Snowdogs, Xanadu, A Farewell To Kings, The Trees, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Signals, Presto, The Red Sector As, 2112, Jacob's Ladders, The Temples of Syrinx, Fountains of Lammeth, The Newcromers, New World Men, Digital Men, The Analog Kids, Marathon, YYZ, Tom Sawyer, The Red Barchettas, Living in the Limelight, Witch Hunters, The Strangiato Band, Cygnus, oh I can go on for days....

Well thank God! Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are every bit as good as 2112 and Hemispheres, just different. Why don't ya use a Rush tune? Distant Early Warning, Freewill, Something For Nothing, Working Men, Anthem, Bytor and the Snowdogs, Xanadu, A Farewell To Kings, The Trees, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Signals, Presto, The Red Sector As, 2112, Jacob's Ladders, The Temples of Syrinx, Fountains of Lammeth, The Newcromers, New World Men, Digital Men, The Analog Kids, Marathon, YYZ, Tom Sawyer, The Red Barchettas, Living in the Limelight, Witch Hunters, The Strangiato Band, Cygnus, oh I can go on for days....

There used to be a Rush Tribute act that went around in the 1990's called "2112". I believe it was the same act I seen in 1995 (spring or summer one or the other) at Tsunamis in Sandford Florida. They where good, there drummer was spot on with almost every lick, they didn't look like the guys from Canada but it was a good show.

There used to be a Rush Tribute act that went around in the 1990's called "2112". I believe it was the same act I seen in 1995 (spring or summer one or the other) at Tsunamis in Sandford Florida. They where good, there drummer was spot on with almost every lick, they didn't look like the guys from Canada but it was a good show.

No one will ever look like Rush. Although Sean Penn looks like Geddy Lee and Neil looks like a mix between Tom Hanks and Robert De Niro.

So my band came up with a final band name. They liked some of the names that you guys posted, but they weren't fans like I was. They decided to go with The Knights of 96' (we were all born in 96') I decided to go with it for now. What do ya'll think of it?

Well.... you wer conceived during the "Nights of 96"!!!

More likely "The Nights of '95." [thumbup]

Archived