Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite Guitar you own

thevalleygirl

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering what everyones flavor is. A new discussion that is probably an old one, but I'm curious... I thought I'd put my top 5 in order:

1) I play my 2010 J45 - Brad Paisley Artist Series probably the most, it is easy to handle and sounds gutsy.

2) I think my 2010 Hummingbird 12 has the best sound texture.

3) Martin D Custom, bright tones

4) 1975 Takamine, Trustworthy.

5) 2001 SJ200 is pretty but hard for me to play but very pretty!

What do you mean by "The Valley Girl" in your signagure ?

Does it mean you're a girl ?

Now I have only 2 mid-high end acoustics, martin HD-28 and Gibson 5 STAR J-35. The latter is my favorite by now.

Each guitar has its own niche ...

When I go to jam with friends I usually take my CJ-165 since it is a great strummer.

When I want to sit quietly and sing to myself I grab my Martin 000-28EC since it has such a lush sound

When I want to play some old time sounding music I grab the Ladder Braced How ....that ladder bracing sound is like going back in time.

When I want a guitar that has it all ...I love my Martin 00-15S ..that all mahogany guitar does everything well.

They are all my favorite depending on what I want to do and hear and sing and play...

My 2008 J-45 TV. I've connected with it like no other guitar and it in turn has definitely brought out more creativity in my playing than any guitar that has proceeded it. I appreciate every guitar that I own and get something different out of each one. But when I reflect back on it all, I get the most satisfaction out of what I've created with the J-45

#1 2003 Doves In Flight

#2 2011 Hummingbird Custom Koa

#3 1979 Dove

#4 1969 Jubilee

#5 Late 80's Strat

#6 Early 80's P- Bass

#7 Custom Tigerwood Solid-body, (made by my cousin)

#8 Custom Eagle Solid-body (made by my cousin)

#9 Schecter C-1 Classic

#10 Ovation 12-string

Hey Rob and all.

Saw a Doves in Flight for sale on local Clist....(east coast)..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/msg/2812127421.html

I have 28 guitars , i will pick the top 3.

1. 1989 MIJ Strat (americam pups and electronics) Most versatile

2. 2003 Hummingbird, sweet sound and easy player

3. Tie between my 2011 Gibson LP Classic Custom and my 2010 'private collection' issued PRS HB Custom.

That's a lot of guitars Mr. Markini !

Any chance to see a family pic ?

[smile]

In general it has to be the guitar I am playing at the time. My stable carries no passengers and each guitar was bought for a purpose and reason.

But if you had to push me on this, then the answer would be my USA Strat Plus, as it used to be my main guitar when I played live. And I know every inch of it and it knows every inch of me, inside out.

What do you mean by "The Valley Girl" in your signagure ?

Does it mean you're a girl ?

Now I have only 2 mid-high end acoustics, martin HD-28 and Gibson 5 STAR J-35. The latter is my favorite by now.

Yes... VG is definately a girl...and lives in the Napa Valley, (so her signature is a slam-dunk, dontcha think?).

My daughter's uke is blue with a dolphin bridge.

Interesting choice on the bridge -- my daughter's has dolphin tuners. Dolphin bridge or dolphin tuners? Decisions, decisions, decisions ... now I know how those guys feel when they're ordering their Custom Shop Gibbys! [flapper]

Archived