Gibson Brands Forums

Is there something in the air inthe UK??

D-poland

[scared][confused] wow! what would you do if you found 1.7 mill on your propery? [crying] just read about the naked chef on the gibby news page Iam totally dumbfounded! [scared] of all the worth while places to give, the govt. ai'nt very high on my list! <_< since some poly can get there hooks into it and then bail out some poorly run, shady bussiness?? what think ye? see it in the lifestyle/news on gibby site!!

It wasn't his; there are laws in place which meant he would have to hand it over in any case; and, from what I've read, it was possibly connected to serious criminal activity.

Furthermore he's not exactly badly-off himself.

P.

Guest farnsbarns

He earns that several times over each year. Why risk becoming an accessory after the fact for money that will make no difference to his life. Also, being a house hold name celebrity is going to make it hard to off load gold bullion without being outed.

He earns that several times over each year. Why risk becoming an accessory after the fact for money that will make no difference to his life. Also, being a house hold name celebrity is going to make it hard to off load gold bullion without being outed.

thanks to pippy+farnsbarns its cool getting the lads from the UK to comment! [thumbup]

Screw the 1.7 Mil.

I want to know whats up with the Joy Division/New Order masters they found along side of it.

the Luddite that I'am,who are these group(s)? [confused] I've missed something some where along the line.what type of music? do they do?? [unsure]

The English common law on found items made of gold or silver is very different from the US.

Under the English common law, gold or silver in any form, which had been hidden and rediscovered, and which no person could prove he or she owned is known as "treasure trove." If the person who had hidden the treasure was known or discovered later, it belonged to him or her, or their descendents. To be treasure trove, an object had to be substantially that is, more than 50% gold or silver.

The Crown had a prerogative right to treasure trove, and if the circumstances under which an object was found raised a prima facie presumption that it had been hidden, it belonged to the Crown unless someone else could show a better title to it.

That's why it was handed over to the Govt. This is not a modern concept - it has been the law since medieval times.

The English common law on found items made of gold or silver is very different from the US.

Under the English common law, gold or silver in any form, which had been hidden and rediscovered, and which no person could prove he or she owned is known as "treasure trove." If the person who had hidden the treasure was known or discovered later, it belonged to him or her, or their descendents. To be treasure trove, an object had to be substantially – that is, more than 50% – gold or silver.

The Crown had a prerogative right to treasure trove, and if the circumstances under which an object was found raised a prima facie presumption that it had been hidden, it belonged to the Crown unless someone else could show a better title to it.

That's why it was handed over to the Govt. This is not a modern concept - it has been the law since medieval times.

wow! thanks for the legalities on that! [crying] I'am starting to see why my ancestors left that part of the world so LONG ago! :unsure:

wow! thanks for the legalities on that! [crying] I'am starting to see why my ancestors left that part of the world so LONG ago! :unsure:

So if treasure that is found, and that cannot be accounted for, goes back to all the people that's a bad idea?

Glad your ancestors left us!

So if treasure that is found, and that cannot be accounted for, goes back to all the people that's a bad idea?

Glad your ancestors left us!

if your govt.is different than here great! once this govt gets it it's gone ! [scared] deficit spending and all!

I think that the ancestors could'nt handle all the damp weather very well! [flapper] much dryer over here! [thumbup]

if your govt.is different than here great! once this govt gets it it's gone ! [scared] deficit spending and all!

I think that the ancestors could'nt handle all the damp weather very well! [flapper] much dryer over here! [thumbup]

Hell- why do you think I left the UK and ended up in Oklahoma? I got fed up with moss growing on the north side of my body if I stood still for too long.

Archived