Gibson Brands Forums

Phase switches and kill switches

Got an off the cuff question, who here has wired phase switches and kill switches in their guitars? I'm trying to do this my self but am not having very much success. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

A bit of advise would be to check out youtube for sound samples. I know myself I installed a phase switch on my Telecaster and never did like the sound of the out of phase tone. I changed the wiring to make it a series/parallel switch and find it to be useable now. If you're looking for wiring diagrams they can be found on the Seymour Duncan website. Another thing, you might get more responses if you post this topic in the Gibson Lounge. Good luck.

A bit of advise would be to check out youtube for sound samples. I know myself I installed a phase switch on my Telecaster and never did like the sound of the out of phase tone. I changed the wiring to make it a series/parallel switch and find it to be useable now. If you're looking for wiring diagrams they can be found on the Seymour Duncan website. Another thing, you might get more responses if you post this topic in the Gibson Lounge. Good luck.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Archived