Gibson Brands Forums

I might also be a singer.

Buxom

I sort of got inspiration to start singing. Not sure why, but the band Sponge seemed to really speak to me/motivate me, especially the songs Molly and Plowed. I've just been writing a lot too, mostly songs/poems.

Also, I tried a bit of singing, and it wasn't the hardest thing to do, I didn't think I sounded good either. I practiced with 40 Oz to Freedom by Sublime.

The best way to find out if your singing is any good is to go to an open mic night at a local bar or coffee house,the audience reception would give you a good idea if your singing is up to par.You could also post a sound clip of your singing on Youtube or a musician's forum and ask for honest critiques of your singing but don't go off the handle if some of the feedback although diplomatic,is not what you want to hear.Someone did that here a while ago and when he got kindly and friendly advice that he should get some vocal coaching he went ballistic and got very,very abusive even though he asked for honest opinions.If you are saying that you sound horribly drunk when you are singing,that's not getting off on a good start.

I have difficulties keeping pitch and am all over the place when I sing. I'm normally a quiet person, so I guess I may not be good. But if I actually put a ton of power into it, it sounds tolerable, but I can't keep that up for long.

I have difficulties keeping pitch and am all over the place when I sing. I'm normally a quiet person, so I guess I may not be good. But if I actually put a ton of power into it, it sounds tolerable, but I can't keep that up for long.

What you said right here should open your eyes to singing.

Archived