Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Namvet

The new SG Jr. has arrived. This reminds me of the LP Jr I had as a teen (had the SG horns and Les Paul Jr. on the headstock). Much lighter than I expected, about half the weight of my Les Paul and Strat. Needed a little tuning out of the box but intonation and action are great. Messed with it for about 30 minutes last night and the baked maple fretboard seems to be in between my Les Paul (rosewood) and my Strat (maple) clarity wise. I'm pleased, which counts. Mandantory photos attached.

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii530/namvet1/018.jpg

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii530/namvet1/017.jpg

Thnx all for the positive comments. I know this is considered a somewhat low end axe, which also matches my skills (low end), but this particular model has some nostalgic meaning for me as stated earlier from my teen years.

Thnx all for the positive comments. I know this is considered a somewhat low end axe, which also matches my skills (low end), but this particular model has some nostalgic meaning for me as stated earlier from my teen years.

Hey now, don't sell yourself short. That's a sweet guitar, and if you dig it, and it makes you happy, it doesn't matter if it's a $600 or $6,000 guitar. I mean, Leslie West played the Les Paul equivalent, and he did alright. [cool] Enjoy it!

Hey now, don't sell yourself short. That's a sweet guitar, and if you dig it, and it makes you happy, it doesn't matter if it's a $600 or $6,000 guitar. I mean, Leslie West played the Les Paul equivalent, and he did alright. [cool] Enjoy it!

Not really trying to sell myself short, I just tend to be a realist and stay within budgetary means. More expensive surely wouldn't make me play any better, just make the house boss question my justification!!

Archived