Gibson Brands Forums

Help posting pix

jdd707

Obviously I need a "Posting of Dummies" guide but don't have time to make it to Barnes and Nobles. I've done the attach file deal but get an error message telling me the file is too large. I've seen the site with information posted here several times. Will someone repost it for me.

Signed: Feeling stupid.

There's a post with all the info somewhere, but basically all you need to do is sign up with a free image hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr), upload your image(s) there, then copy and paste the image URL rather than uploading to this site directly.

You need to use a photo sharing site like flickr or photobucket, both offer free versions. After you have uploaded your pictures you can either copy and paste the address or copy and paste the BB code.

Chris, looks like we posted at the same time,

Select sets, then view as slideshow. copy and paste the URL. Don't use the HTML code

I'd like to know the secret formula for making flikr slideshows appear in a thread. I've searched the FAQ and couldn't find what I needed.

Obviously I need a "Posting of Dummies" guide but don't have time to make it to Barnes and Nobles. I've done the attach file deal but get an error message telling me the file is too large. I've seen the site with information posted here several times. Will someone repost it for me.

Signed: Feeling stupid.

Complete instructions are available in this thread - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/53931-posting-pictures-on-epi-forum/page__p__721696__hl__animalfarm__fromsearch__1#entry721696

Photobucket has a great feature where you hover over your image in your photo album and a window pops up with various link codes. The one at the bottom has the code for embedding into a forum that uses BBE code like "IMG". You click once on that code and it copies it. Then you just press CNTL-V to paste it into your message.

photobucketscreen.png

Archived