Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Wlidkat NUT change

Oldhippie

Hi,

sometimes i read that some wildkat owners said that the fabric nut on the wildkat is not one of the best for the guitar. They changed it and had a much better sound and sustain!

So I had a look for a nut and I would like to have your opinion, what the best nut is for the wildkat. Are the GraphTech good? Or are the bone ones better? Or maybe any other I never heard about?

I want to try to change the nut at first time and if it´s easy I will do that to my other Epis too.

What do you think??

The TusqXL nuts work a treat, and they're brilliant on Bigsby equipped guitars because of the built in lubrication, I use them on most of my tremolo guitars, the only ones that don't have it are the ones I haven't got around to changing yet, the part number for an Epi is PQL-6060-00 I believe.

Thanks for the answer.

I measured all my 4 Epis nuts. I want the cheap plastic out . The Wildkat, Dot, LP Standard Plus and the Special II seem to have all the same measurments. It´s only the colour that differs. Black and white. But the black nuts on the Dot and the Special look very cheap plastic.

I guess I´ll try the Tusq.....they are available here in Germny.

Archived