Gibson Brands Forums

Buying a LP 60's Tribute

Birddog

Hey Everyone!

Well, I have played multiple 60's Tributes and haven't found any that I really love. Some where badly damaged on the shelf. One even had a slight bend in the neck and another had the switch to be non-working. I guess thats what you get when it is pulled off the shelf and a lot of people play them. So, I went on to even look at Fender Strats. Found some really nice Standard Deluxes but couldn't bring myself to fork over that much money. $1200 is a little out of my price range right now.

So, I traveled to 4 different guitar stores. Finally, I saw this Gibson calling my name and kept calling. I walked over to it and held it, fell in love with it and played it and oooo I want it to have my 3rd child. (Wife didn't like that.) Anyways, it is a Gibson Les Paul Studio faded cherry that was produced in 2009. A fella bought it and kept it in his closet for 2 years never to play it. The finish is incredible. The workmanship is flawless. The original owner bought the Gibson USA hardshell case for it and a few other items. Including a nice Fender tuner. All this I didn't even know about. Well turns out, he sold it back to the store because his 76 Corvette was more imporatant. Anyways, one man's unwantables are now my treasures!! It is unbelievable. I love it. So does the wife. And since I bought it used, I saved quite a bit of money. I will post pictures later when I take some really good ones. I cannot wait till I can spend some enjoyable long hours on this ax.

Thanks everyone for the help too btw! You guys are great! Well, here is one picture. More to follow. What do you guys think??

Birddogcof

Awesome guitar man.. congrats... you made a very good choice there... a guitar that if you look after it could last you your whole life.. sweet and happy playing dude :)

Archived