Gibson Brands Forums

which AC/DC song should i listen to next?...

S t e v e

I also love Have a drink on me.

Here's a question......

Will Back in Black ever overtake Thriller as the best selling album on record?

I can see BiB still being bought and played as much in 50 years time as it is now. To me Jacko's music is not the sort that will appeal to generation after generation. Many kids these days like AC/DC regardless of whether their parents liked them or not. There is a percentage of the human race whose hair will always stand on end and whose blood will boil when they hear that album.

I can see it now. As our ancestors escape the dying earth in their ion drive interstellar lifeboat they'll all be singing "well I'm backkkkkkk in blaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!" Cue solo!

I think they're the only group that has never had a bad song. Plus, they have never really sounded "off", even in those years spent without Phil Rudd. They always sound good! And EVERYONE loves a little AC charge! My favorite album is Highway To Hell (Walk All Over You and Touch Too Much are my favorites). That ensured that Bon Scott died with dignity. John Bonham didn't....His last album was "In Through The Out Door"...OUCH! And plus, when most bands make a "comeback" album, they usually suck or are decent at best (Kiss 'Psycho Circus" comes to mind). Black Ice is AWESOME!!!! I mean, Mal has never had a bad riff!

Looks like a p 90 pick up in the sg .

I've recently bought the remastered DVD of the Let there be rock Paris concert documentary (Highway to Hell tour.) I have it on a betamax tape and, for obvious reasons, haven't watched it for about 20 years.

Anyway, when I did put my new DVD on the other week I was convinced Angus had a P90 on the SG he uses from the start. In fact, that SG looked similar to the one on the clip above. He moves around that much on stage it took 5 or 6 songs in before I finally eyeballed them as humbuckers.

Archived