Gibson Brands Forums

DYI: How to Make a 18 Watt British Valve AMP

bluesguitar65

To build a a british amp a person will have to buy a british amp factory!!!! LOL[lol] I think it is much easer to just go and buy a amp. [biggrin]

It may be easier to just buy one but some people enjoy the experience of making and the rewards of sculpting a tone that is actually usable for them. Loads of people (me included) build pedals because they enjoy it, even though it might be easier to just buy them.

I've never built from a kit but I've been rebuilding tube audio stuff for about a year. I have a pair of tube mono blocks from an Akai M8 reel to reel that I'm going to mod to guitar amps when I get a little more experience. This particular circuit can easily be modded to a Fender Champ and several other choices. I'm anxious to get it built the play with tweeking the tone. My first attempt at a guitar amp.

I've heard that Kieth Richards and others have played through this particular amp onstage.

J

I've been sanding and finishing the last month or so... it's starting to look like an amp should. still a ways to go though, mostly finishing up work on the cabinet.

my 18W head so far:

18W_Head.jpg

definitely recommend building one... loads of fun. [biggrin]

I've been sanding and finishing the last month or so... it's starting to look like an amp should. still a ways to go though, mostly finishing up work on the cabinet.

my 18W head so far:

18W_Head.jpg

definitely recommend building one... loads of fun. [biggrin]

That thing is awesome. A nice coat of poly, and it's ready for the road.

Archived