Gibson Brands Forums

Quality Control Issues - Fit and finish

splewis

Has anyone else experienced poor quality control issues with the finish on their Steinberger Synapse? I ordered a flat black four string model from Music123 when I open the box it looked like it had been used, but more importantly, there were particles trapped in the finish on the back of the neck. Small little bumps if you will. Also noticed a sticky residue on the body of the bass. Needless to say, I sent it back. I was convinced that it was a fluke so I ordered another one... the next one had the same issues - bumps in the neck. I called Gibson and they gave me a RMA - not sure what they can do for me, other than refinish the bass but at least they know their Korean CM isn't living up to Gibson standards. I have owned 3 other Steinbergers and I hoping this 4th will be a keeper. For $1000 it ought to be better.

I got an SS-2F (my first electric guitar) a couple weeks ago, and looked it over really good when I first got it, but I missed something. About a week later I felt something on the back of the body while I was putting it in it's bag. It was basically what your described "particles trapped in the finish". I guess I was lucky it was somewhere it didn't matter much (back of the body).

You'd think they would have better quality control for the money.

-- sas

Archived