Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Else Own This Amp?

bluesguitar65

Went to visit my parents over the weekend and I found this little guy in the garage. I totally had forgotten about her. I was moving out some boxes and there she was in the corner. This amp is like a mini mesa boogie. This is the original Fender Super Champ. Got her back in 1983, its an 82' rivera Fender Super Champ.

p8190113i.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2009-09-03

[thumbup] Rediscovery of forgotten gear is a great feeling of WIN! Nice amp, Fender has made a lot of cool combos.

OH yes, the last time I recall playing this amp was around 1987. She still has the original 6C10 tube which are hard to come by and if you do find one, they are very pricey tube. I think this is one downfall of the Rivera Fender Super Champ as the 6C10 is pretty rare. I don't even know what kind of tube this is. The super champ has two 6V6 powertubes, one 12x7a and one 12at7.

OH yes, the last time I recall playing this amp was around 1987. She still has the original 6C10 tube which are hard to come by and if you do find one, they are very pricey tube. I think this is one downfall of the Rivera Fender Super Champ as the 6C10 is pretty rare. I don't even know what kind of tube this is. The super champ has two 6V6 powertubes, one 12x7a and one 12at7.

I was curious so I checked.

The 6C10 is a TRIPLE triode, as opposed to a dual triode (12ax7, 12at7, etc.). So, yea, that seriously sucks, as there would be no easy substitution.

I learded something though. I had no idea it used an odd, rare tube.

Archived