Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Hummingbird Serial Number

casual

OK, so I guess it's a BIG FAT SECRET where my Epiphone Hummingbird was made. I've looked all over the web, and it all says that to find the specific factory town where it's made, just look at the first letter in the serial number. OK- my serial number DOES NOT HAVE a letter in it!!

The sticker says "Indonesia", and the serial number is 1003231450. Any ideas what factory this came from? Is it a big hush-hush mystery for some reason?

• 1 year later...

THE SECRET EXPOSED!....Your Epiphone Hummingbird serial number ... 10 03 23 1450... is broken down as follows from left to right..... 10= 2010......and 03= March....and 23=made in Indonesia...and 1450= the one thousandth four hundred and fiftieth Hummingbird made as of that year and date.. ..AND SO.... Your Hummingbird was made in March of 2010, in the country of Indonesia, and it was the 1450th Hummingbird made by that date of that year. Enjoy it! These Epi Hummingbirds are a steal. They sound and look wonderful. Enjoy it!msp_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy a used Epi Hummingbird from a local guitar shop near here, it must be 15 years old, plays well, and sounds sweet, methinks I'm gonna trot down there tomorrow, and buy this baby, before someone else snaps it up....

Hey BlackWater!...My Epi Hummingbird is a 5 year old model bought used. Just wonderful guitar. The 5 years of aging seem to have sweetened the solid top. I would imagine that a 15 year old Epi Hummingbird would sound great! For the price an Epi Hummingbird is all you could ask for and more!

• 6 years later...

I have. 2011 Hummingbird. Picked it up used at Guitar Center 4 years ago for $199 including a new Epi HS Case. 

The top has opened up nicely and is almost as loud as my mid-2000’s Masterbilts. 
Will never sell. 
Great slim neck, great action. 
I hate to to call it my beater, but I travel more with it because it holds its own and is damn pretty. 

• 1 year later...

hello everyone, so i have an epiphone hummingbird pro that was made on march 18 of 1965  and i think the guy said it was the 1235 th hummingbird made that day and the serial number is a little scratched up any guesses what the serial number would be? and any idea if i could like buy a replacement sticker?

On 8/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, josephsquestion said:

hello everyone, so i have an epiphone hummingbird pro that was made on march 18 of 1965  and i think the guy said it was the 1235 th hummingbird made that day and the serial number is a little scratched up any guesses what the serial number would be? and any idea if i could like buy a replacement sticker?

Something is not adding up.  There were no Epiphone Hummingbird Pros in 1965.  There were Gibson Hummingbirds back then, but there was no Hummingbird model in the Epiphone line up.   Epiphone Hummingbird Pros are part of the more recent years of imported Epiphones.  In 1965 Epiphones were made side by side with Gibsons in Kalamazoo and Epiphones all had their own separate model names.  It wasn’t until the more recent imported Epiphone era when there began to be Epiphones models that utilized Gibson model names as Epiphone versions of Gibson models.  Seems like it’s back to square one to learn more about your guitar.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff