Gibson Brands Forums

Regret selling Masterbilt

brannon67

Has anyone ever regreted selling or trading their Masterbilt, either to fund another guitar, or just selling or trading it in general? Im still trying to decide if I want to sell my two Aj500s to help fund another J45. I need one for an alternate tuning. I dont know what to do. The Masterbilts play and sound great, but comparing it to a J45 or Gibson in general, its like apples and oranges. Im torn.

Has anyone ever regreted selling or trading their Masterbilt, either to fund another guitar, or just selling or trading it in general? Im still trying to decide if I want to sell my two Aj500s to help fund another J45. I need one for an alternate tuning. I dont know what to do. The Masterbilts play and sound great, but comparing it to a J45 or Gibson in general, its like apples and oranges. Im torn.

Might be a good idea to hang onto the AJ's , as their future seems uncertain. They are not featured in the current Epiphone online brochure.

I keep a J45 tuned to Open G.

I've worked a lot of trades over the years, and have no regrets over letting something go when I'm done with it. Instead, I enjoy the process of moving forward. Just this past Saturday I traded off an '07 Gibson SG Classic to purchase a new Gibson Midtown Custom. Go for the J45 & don't look back!

Sweetwater has about 10 AJs left in various models.

I'm thinking maybe Epiphone regrets switching to the Esonic 2 and

is going back to the drawing board. (One would hope.)

Thats true and they should reconsider using something else other then the esonic2, but they do sell the Aj500's without it. Although they screwed up all together and stopped putting the LR Baggs in them, so, there you go. Who knows what they have up their sleeves.

I've worked a lot of trades over the years, and have no regrets over letting something go when I'm done with it. Instead, I enjoy the process of moving forward. Just this past Saturday I traded off an '07 Gibson SG Classic to purchase a new Gibson Midtown Custom. Go for the J45 & don't look back!

I am really thnking about it and considering it.

Ok guys, I made the executive decision a few minutes ago when I went to the ZZounds site and found I could finance a J45 for 12 months with no interest, with a low payment a month. I will put some down to even lower the payment even more. So, I love the Masterbilts, but I have a chance to get an Ameirican made Gibson for $200 less then what they go for, free shipping, and no sales tax, and the price matched from an another dealer(that doesnt offer 12 months) plus 12 months to pay it off, no interest. Im going for it.

• 2 months later...

No regrets selling my Gibson SJ-200, or my Gibson AJ Southern Woody Guthrie guitar, and no regrets selling my Gibson AJ-Rosewood guitar. But my Masterbuilt AJ500R I WOULD have regrets if I sold that!. I will never sell that one! It sounds better than any of the three super high end Gibsons I owned. Yes..BETTER.And the Gibsons had sloppy sticky finishes,defective and peeling pic guards, glue slop where the fret board meets the body. And nasty set ups. My Gibsons were poor.. My Masterbuilt was near perfect out of the box. A Masterbuilt may not look as good, but oh man the quality tone of my Masterbuilt AJ500R is the best. Many before me have said the same. Even now I enjoy it more than my Martin J-40 and it plays and sounds better than my Taylor 815. I prefer it over every other guitar I own. I still play my other guitars and still love them..but when I need need to connect to a guitar with my soul, the MB AJ500R does it for me every time. I would deeply regret selling that one. It is my dirty little go-to guitar, and it delivers on a dime every time! The instant I place my Masterbuilt it in my lap, even before the first strike, we have bonded. I wonder if anyone else feels this way. It makes no sense as my other guitars are magnificent....but my masterbuilt, well, the world just disappears when I play it. Talk about bang for the buck..Wow. Yes I would regret selling my Masterbuilt.

• 3 months later...

Archived