Gibson Brands Forums

I was ashamed

brannon67

Yeah... He was under the gun; took one to move it and the other to grab him and haul him away.

A few years later in SPs, you thought you were running over trees, but no, just 'skeeters trying to get in the hull. Gas attack practice was good, though, 'cuz it did keep most of 'em way.

m

@ Stevie Ray: These guys in New Jersey weren't near as bad as the guy who lived in a town about 30 miles from us, he was caught in the barn putting the blocks to the family's prize heifer-I guess he misunderstood his father when he told the young fella that he should be in a stable relationship.

My daddy told me as a young lad he played in a municipal band along the Illinois River near Henry, Il.

It was a summer gig and practice was being held in the High School band room. It was sweltering hot and everyone was sweating buckets. The director said, "We have to complete band practice, even though it's so gawd awful hot. Would you like to open some windows?" The entire band shook their heads in unison, "NO" [scared]

The skeeters were clinging to the screens outside the window. They were so big, he said one could carry off a small calf.!

I love being a Southerner. I do think that Southerners are the last group of Americans that it's still politically correct to make fun of. I mean, we all know the list of disparaging cultural and racial terms that are socially unacceptable. However, people can still freely use the words, 'Hick', 'Hillbilly', and 'Redneck' at their leisure even though the connotation is the same as those 'off limits' words.

As long as you have 3 famous comedians making fun of themselves and the south then it will remain politically correct to slam rednecks.

You may be a redneck if...

Be glad you're not from Jersey! [thumbup]

New Jersey is actually pretty nice. I lived in NYC for many years and spent a lot of time in New Jersey as well, down by Cape May, Water Gap area, Upper Saddle River, etc. Vermont, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, some of my favourite states, Vermont especially; and not just for its natural beauty and progressivism, Catamount beer. As far as the south goes, have spent a lot of time in Florida but not in Mississippi yet.

As long as you have 3 famous comedians making fun of themselves and the south then it will remain politically correct to slam rednecks.

You may be a redneck if...

I agree! Although, I think that the CMT channel is taking that to a brand new extreme. Shows like 'My Big Redneck Vacation' and 'Bayou Billionaire' are just ridiculous. Its like they put out a casting call for idiots, then gave them a TV show. It's embarassing.

Archived