Gibson Brands Forums

The search is over ........

a7d7e7

I have found the Les Paul I want. It's a 2008 Standard, Gold Top. Played it today at my local music store. Having the cash is another story.

The cheapest you could possibly get an 08 Standard for is $1,900 (£1,200) so you'll need to start saving if thats what you wish to purchase

BUT this is a Cheaper altertive out their...

The Joe Bonamassa Studio

BonamassaLPstudio_GT.jpg

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Joe-Bonamassa-Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

The cheapest you could possibly get an 08 Standard for is $1,900 (£1,200) so you'll need to start saving if thats what you wish to purchase

BUT this is a Cheaper altertive out their...

The Joe Bonamassa Studio

BonamassaLPstudio_GT.jpg

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Joe-Bonamassa-Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

That is a very nice looking guitar!

I'm selling my non-music collectibles on ebay to buy the 2008 Standard. They're asking $2400.00 at my local music store.

Searching the internet for Les Pauls is daunting because it seems that every online seller calls them by a different name for some reason.

That is a very nice looking guitar!

I'm selling my non-music collectibles on ebay to buy the 2008 Standard. They're asking $2400.00 at my local music store.

Searching the internet for Les Pauls is daunting because it seems that every online seller calls them by a different name for some reason.

Oh, on the Bonamassa, is it a 50s style profile? That's too fat for my hands. I need a 60s profile or the new asymetrical.

Oh, on the Bonamassa, is it a 50s style profile? That's too fat for my hands. I need a 60s profile or the new asymetrical.

Yeah its a 50's. I use a mix of necks, One thing I've learned, unless you have small hands either size is comfortable to use, Barre chords just take a little more getting used to... but even I achieved it within 2 weeks.

ALL of my guitars have different sized and feeling necks. I switch back and forth,

daily, and at gigs, several times, a night. So, I'm used to various sizes and configurations.

My hands are "medium" or "normal" size...Keeps things interesting! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Same here. My background is primarily classical guitar. If anyone wants to feel a wide neck then play a classical guitar. The LP 50's neck will seem like a toothpick afterwards. [wink]

Ever notice how it's easier going from an SG, TO a Les Paul, than it is,

going the other way? By that, I mean the (perceived) extra length neck

(only because of the double cutaway, and upper fret access). I've been

known to start playing a full step higher, than I wanted to be. [tongue][biggrin] LOL

Going back to the Les Paul, though, I never seem to have any trouble

adjusting. Odd, maybe?? But, that's really my only "adjustment" to a

different neck, "problem," at times. Especially, if I haven't played

the SG, in a while. [blush][unsure]

CB

known to start playing a full step higher, than I wanted to be. [tongue][biggrin] LOL

CB

Heh, funny you mention the LP to SG thing.....happened to me yesterday when I was noddlin' around, had been awhile since I picked up the SG. I too don't have much issue with neck profiles but do have a slight preference for the fat 50's.

My Sonex is probably the thinnest neck Gibson ever made. My PRS wide thin is actually very wide, which was very weird to play at first. The Strat is somewhere in between and my Les Paul's are 50's necks. I agree with Charlie Brown. It makes life interesting. I've learned to play Rush's YYZ on all my guitars (even my acoustic). Once you do that then you won't care what neck you're playing.

CB

I've never had an issue going from any of my Gibsons to my Martins to my classical. I try to play all the guitars (5) I own at least once a week. So, I never get unfamiliar with any of them.

CB

Yes. I used to own an sg. Just remembered one time, I was playing around after playing my LP and thought I fluffed a few notes, only to realize that my fingers were over the neck pickup.

Archived