Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard LTD

Julz

Hi All,

I've been planning on buying my first electric for some time now. I've really mainly play acoustic. I've always loved the looked of SGs and the LPs are just too heavy for me. I was going to get a Strat but the SG Standard Ldt caught my eye. Now my question is what is the difference between the ldt and the regular standard? Why is the ltd cheaper than the regular standard? Shouldn't it cost more since it's on a limited run or is it because they're using cheaper materials? I've compared the specs and there really isn't much of a difference I think. Thanks

Isn't the LTD model the one with the baked maple fingerboard and the custom finish (a burst comes to mind)? I think those are the only differences, but I'm not sure. I'd check against Gibson's main site, but it doesn't seem to be functional much lately.

Ya I checked the website. The only difference that I see is the finish and the baked maple where as the standard has Katalox. The tuners are also different. So I'm wonder is it because the tuners and the baked maple why this is cheaper than the Standard? Like I said for a limited production one would think this would cost more?

Ya I checked the website. The only difference that I see is the finish and the baked maple where as the standard has Katalox. The tuners are also different. So I'm wonder is it because the tuners and the baked maple why this is cheaper than the Standard? Like I said for a limited production one would think this would cost more?

it has a pair of Dirty Fingers Humbuckers which I haven't seen on any other standard SG

it has a pair of Dirty Fingers Humbuckers which I haven't seen on any other standard SG

Actually I think you are thinking of the Special Limited which has the dirty fingers. The Standard limited has the 490R and 490T pickups.

Well I went ahead and ordered it. Apparently they don't have it in stock at the moment but will be getting more so I just have to play the waiting game.

Actually I think you are thinking of the Special Limited which has the dirty fingers. The Standard limited has the 490R and 490T pickups.

Well I went ahead and ordered it. Apparently they don't have it in stock at the moment but will be getting more so I just have to play the waiting game.

I stand corrected,sorry [mellow]

Hi All,

I've been planning on buying my first electric for some time now. I've really mainly play acoustic. I've always loved the looked of SGs and the LPs are just too heavy for me. I was going to get a Strat but the SG Standard Ldt caught my eye. Now my question is what is the difference between the ldt and the regular standard? Why is the ltd cheaper than the regular standard? Shouldn't it cost more since it's on a limited run or is it because they're using cheaper materials? I've compared the specs and there really isn't much of a difference I think. Thanks

dude if you like a thinner neck, and coil tapping hums, and a really light guitar with a very balanced body,..and its not too late...get this one:

post-41110-074507600 1330493167_thumb.jpg

Archived