Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird V eta

A Self JD

Both the Les Paul Classic Plus and the Traditional Pro Exclusive come in vintage sunburst, both of which have white abalone inlays. If the open-coil humbuckers is an issue then pickups can be easily changes, which I do to all my guitars, including my white Firebird V. How don't those 2 models meet your requirements?

Well if you look at the vintage sunbursts from 10 years ago and look at what Gibson are calling Vintage sunburst today, you'll see that they are clearly not the same finish. Too dark.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have scheduled a trip to New York in September and I've been trying to order a Firebird V Vintage Sunburst with several retailers (Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Music Zoo) and nothing! I think I'll quit!

Just don't understand how Gibson puts an instrument for sale on their website if it can't be found in stores.

Sad!

LB

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to start up a thread where anyone who placed an order for a Firebird V can get a gauge as to when it will be built. So if you are one of the lucky few who has an order in for one of these amazing guitars please post when you placed your order. I've just placed my order on Feb 15th 2012.

Cheers,

My Custom Shop 1965 Firebird VII Reissue arrived only a month and a half after ordering, which is amazing considering the flawless quality....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived