Gibson Brands Forums

EMG tv!

S t e v e

Yea I am curious about the Hetfield EMGs, not only because of the looks but based on the description and reviews.

Dem00n why is it that you don't like the very pickups used in 90% of the genre you like?

I understand the fact that they have a preamp, compression and all that but that is why a most metal players use them, I mean I wouldn't worry about woody tones if I am going to play Slayer songs.

Yea I am curious about the Hetfield EMGs, not only because of the looks but based on the description and reviews.

Dem00n why is it that you don't like the very pickups used in 90% of the genre you like?

I understand the fact that they have a preamp, compression and all that but that is why a most metal players use them, I mean I wouldn't worry about woody tones if I am going to play Slayer songs.

Because the gain tones are horrible unless you have a really good amp, even then the cleans are just...ugh. [crying]

You never see doom metal bands use EMG's, why? Because they care about the tone!

Sure slayer, kreator and most death metal bands use them. But i listen to the music not the guitar tone.

EMG's are great for cheapo guitars under $200.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived