Gibson Brands Forums

a damned good night

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Tonight two worlds collided. I arranged a practice room at a local studio because my mate has a new guitar and so do I so it seemed like a good idea to really rinse out each other's. I texted Simon and Philip off here and both decided to come so I added a drum kit so if anyone wanted they could jump on drums. It was bloody good fun. We had had 4 RI's between us, a telecaster and a non-chambered standard.

Between us we could do reasonable jams around hey Jo, whole lotta love, la grange, basket case and a few others. The main thing was, we had a blast! Haven't done that in ages.

Guest farnsbarns

Wished I'd played!! ](*,)

Nerves nerves nerves!!

Day one... Week one!!

Thanks for the invite!

Was a blast!

Not at all, thanks for coming!

Play when you feel comfortable. Moose is on bass next time!

What a Hoot!

4 Hours of fun and games! I haven't laughed so much for ages!

I'll have to re-aqcuaint myself with all those tracks (and plenty of others) for the next time to give Moose a bit more to work with.....I was amazed by quite how much I'd forgotten!

......Moose is on bass next time!....

Yeah! Serve Him Right! Talented Bloody Show-Off!

LOL!

Cheers for the invite, Farns!

P.

Guest farnsbarns

Where was it? Would have liked to join in the fun.

Scream Studios, Croydon, South London, UK, Earth, The Milky Way, The universe.

Scream Studios, Croydon, South London, UK, Earth, The Milky Way, The universe.

Would this be in Europe or not?...kidding.

Last time I showed up for a jam my friend neglected to tell me that theer was a drummer, bass player, him on guitar and another guitar player. they all have been rehearsing a bit but since I have a 5-month old at home I have little time to rehearse.

Man, I was a wreck trying to jump in, in addtion I brought my Super Champ XD not my Mesa, the other guitar player had a Marshall with a ton of reverb, delay, echo, high gain with rail pickups.

There I was unrehearsed, with a small practice amp and an R8 feeling like a fish out of water, not my best night.

They did say my guitar was pretty so not everything was a waste of time [crying]

Archived