Gibson Brands Forums

Love My Rumblekat but.....

shonencello

Got a Rumblekat last week after wanting one for a long time.

Yes the tone is beautiful, yes the neck is effortless to play and yes she is a very pretty girl.

But good lord the setup was awful (not even done in my opinion), the action was too low and intonation was not even close.

The bridge pulled out on day 2 of ownership and had to be glued back in (a common problem I have heard). And in my opinion the strings are poor quality.

There have been so many glowing reviews of this bass that I'm baffled why mine was delivered this way.

I am committed to this bass and will fix and keep her but my goodness is there any pride in workmanship left?

Got a Rumblekat last week after wanting one for a long time.

Yes the tone is beautiful, yes the neck is effortless to play and yes she is a very pretty girl.

But good lord the setup was awful (not even done in my opinion), the action was too low and intonation was not even close.

The bridge pulled out on day 2 of ownership and had to be glued back in (a common problem I have heard). And in my opinion the strings are poor quality.

There have been so many glowing reviews of this bass that I'm baffled why mine was delivered this way.

I am committed to this bass and will fix and keep her but my goodness is there any pride in workmanship left?

Any chance of getting another one? You could have been sent a dud or a bad floor model that couldn't sell for years. I haven't tried out a Rumblecat but Epiphone basses I have played were always set up well with nice low action, maybe too low for others.

Any chance of getting another one? You could have been sent a dud or a bad floor model that couldn't sell for years. I haven't tried out a Rumblecat but Epiphone basses I have played were always set up well with nice low action, maybe too low for others.

It came from Guitar Center's warehouse so anything is possible.

I've glued down the bridge and got the action almost where I want it and soon new strings, so I'm OK.

It's just aggravating though.

It came from Guitar Center's warehouse so anything is possible.

I've glued down the bridge and got the action almost where I want it and soon new strings, so I'm OK.

It's just aggravating though.

Keep in mind with new strings you may need to reintonate and adjust the action again.. maybe even a tweak of the truss rod depending on the tension of the strings. Good luck. [thumbup]

Keep in mind with new strings you may need to reintonate and adjust the action again.. maybe even a tweak of the truss rod depending on the tension of the strings. Good luck. [thumbup]

Thanks

I've got a feeler gauge and ruler coming in the mail ($10 for both. Thanks Amazon!) so I'm holding off doing any fine adjustments right now.

From just eyeballing the action, it's 100 times better than the way I got it.

I think that's a fairly common experience. I've seldom been happy with the setup from the factory. I kind of enjoy setting up a newly purchased bass, but maybe that's just me. sounds like you're getting it where you want it, and that's a good thing. enjoy your new ride!

I think that's a fairly common experience. I've seldom been happy with the setup from the factory. I kind of enjoy setting up a newly purchased bass, but maybe that's just me. sounds like you're getting it where you want it, and that's a good thing. enjoy your new ride!

I didn't expect perfect but it buzzed like a sitar and the bridge pulled out when I was making adjustments. That got me pissed off.

Oh well... I'm playing happy now.

Thanks for your input.

Archived